Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working moms are happier than stay at homes

3 posters

Go down

Working moms are happier than stay at homes Empty Working moms are happier than stay at homes

Post by observer Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:52 pm

http://msn.careerbuilder.ca/Article/MSN-761-Job-Info-Trends-Working-moms-are-happy-moms-survey-says/?lr=int_camsn&SiteId=INT_MSN_Articles_CA_EN761&sc_extcmp=INT_MSN_Articles_CA_EN761&cblang=CAEnglish

So, is it better to be a happy mom that has help raising the kids? - or a full time mom - that is feeling frustrated because that's what she's doing - being a stay at home mom?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Working moms are happier than stay at homes Empty Re: Working moms are happier than stay at homes

Post by longtallsally Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:16 pm

This debate will be around forever. Thankfully, women can choose one or the other or both. Surely, they don't need dubious studies to tell them what makes them happy.

longtallsally

Back to top Go down

Working moms are happier than stay at homes Empty Re: Working moms are happier than stay at homes

Post by kishgo Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 pm

I did both and I must say, staying home was more satisfying for me. Less time 'running' around, made healthier food choices, everyone was organized, had time for me. But then I became a single mom and all of that changed. No choice. I had to buy the groceries and pay the bills. My older son noticed the changes quite a bit.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 pm

I DID have the choice - but as much as I adored my children - I found being a stay at home mom quite stultifying (is that a word?) I was fortunate that I was able to go back to work part-time - to be out in an "adult" world for a while - and use my mind - and felt that was a great boon for me.

I did "use my mind" to offer the children all kinds of creative stimuli that I could think of - but that wasn't enough; there was no adult response and conversation etc. about that; so I have full empathy with those moms who want to be "out in the world" as well as being as relevant as they can to their own children - and to the children's upbringing, exposures and values.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down