Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hospital Stay Costs , Naples Florida

3 posters

Go down

Hospital Stay Costs , Naples Florida Empty Hospital Stay Costs , Naples Florida

Post by Slowfood Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

My Brother-In-Law got the flu, which progressed to pneumonia requiring a hospital stay of 6 days. He does not have health insurance.
Total Bill $90,000.00. $15,000.00 a day. Since he has no insurance this number will be discounted by 64%, which in itself is interesting.
I remember seeing paperwork for O/R supplies used that were related to a surgery which was being submitted to OHIP,(the Bill I guess) the total was breathtaking to say the least.
Slowfood
Slowfood

Back to top Go down

Hospital Stay Costs , Naples Florida Empty Re: Hospital Stay Costs , Naples Florida

Post by growler Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

yes it is very costly,and not only in the usa but here to!
as i've said at other times my broken hip,while in maryland (easton,out across the chesapeake)cost about $13,500. and my dr.here in ontario,said if the procedure used had been available here but was only available in london,would have cost OHIP,about or near $35,000.
and the same sort of deal when my forearm got cut in laredo tx.
(accident prone ?)
and it is no wonder insurance company's charge so much,when you see what the differance's are if you have no insurance !
BTW. i hope your bil is ok ?
and i'm not sure (he'll check from now on likely??)but i suggested to some others they go to CAA,and buy the yearly insurance from them that covers you fr multiple trips per year for around $100. (in 2004 )
cheap wway of doing it.
BTW if he applies to OHIP, he might get a bit of $ from them,ssome claim 20% or more ?
a lot of paperwork,but if it goe's through it'll help him out .
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Hospital Stay Costs , Naples Florida Empty Re: Hospital Stay Costs , Naples Florida

Post by kishgo Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

No wonder insurance premiums are so outrageous!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down