Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefits of Walking

3 posters

Go down

Benefits of Walking Empty Benefits of Walking

Post by retired2 Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm

ALL ACCUPRESSURE POINTS ARE IN THE SOLE OF YOUR FEET .....

Benefits of Walking Benefits of Walking Inbox?number=6688154&part=1.2&filename=image001

• The human body is made to walk.
  • Walking 30 minutes a day cuts the rate of people becoming diabetic by more than half and it cuts the risk of people over 60 becoming diabetic by almost 70 percent.

• Walking cuts the risk of stroke by more than 25 percent.

• Walking reduces hypertension. The body has over 100,000 miles of blood vessels. Those blood vessels are more supple and healthier when we walk.

• Walking cuts the risk of cancer as well as diabetes and stroke.

• Women who walk have a 20 percent lower likelihood of getting breast cancer and a 31 percent lower risk of getting colon cancer.

• Women with breast cancer who walk regularly can reduce their recurrence rate and their mortality rate by over 50 percent.

• The human body works better when we walk. The body resists diseases better when wewalk, and the body heals faster when we walk.

• We don't have to walk a lot. Thirty minutes a day has a huge impact on our health.

• Men who walk thirty minutes a day have a significantly lower level of prostate cancer. Men who walk regularly have a 60 percent lower risk of colon cancer.

• For men with prostate cancer, studies have shown that walkers have a 46 percent lower mortality rate.

• Walking also helps prevent depression, and people who walk regularly are more likely to see improvements in their depression.

• In one study, people who walked and took medication scored twice as well in 30 days as the women who only took the medication. Another study showed that depressed people who walked regularly had a significantly higher level of not being depressed in a year compared to depressed people who did not walk. The body generates endorphins when we walk. Endorphins help us feel good.

• Walking strengthens the heart. Walking strengthens bones.

• Walking improves the circulatory system.

• Walking generates positive neurochemicals. Healthy eating is important but dieting can trigger negative neurochemicals and can be hard to do.

• Walking generates positive neurochemicals. People look forward to walking and enjoy walking.

• And research shows that fit beats fat for many people. Walking half an hour a day has health benefits that exceed the benefits of losing 20 pounds.

• When we walk every day, our bodies are healthier and stronger. A single 30 minute walk can reduce blood pressure by five points for over 20 hours.

• Walking reduces the risk of blood clots in your legs.

People who walk regularly have much lower risk of deep vein thrombosis.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Benefits of Walking Empty Re: Benefits of Walking

Post by Ruby Tuesday Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I think I'll go take a walk.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:50 pm

i should be out for a walk this weekend,(between thursday and sunday),as i think the parts swap meet is on this weekend up north of Barrie (i think?).
it used to take me 8 hours of fairly non-stop walking to get around it before.
my chair would likely get stuck,ad it would take longer with it ?
i used to for most of the years before having my stroke take the house trailer up,and stay for two days,the first to find what was there (and buy if it was very cheap) then the second time i would visit with people i knew,and try to get guy's to sell other stuff i wanted,cheaper than the posted price
and it usually worked if they hadn't sold much the first day.
i guess they were scared they weren't going to sell it at the posted prices after one day?
but about every third year i would take some of my parts up there and i wouldn't drop the prices until late sat.afternoon,as the guy's that had normal jobs came that day with fat wallets!
then sunday morning,i'd start packing up at about 10.am,as the cheapest cheappskates were out after that,even me !
i'd get a lot of stuff for free,as some guy's wouldn't bother taking some stuff home!
oh well i used to really enjoy it back then.
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down