Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wal-Mart calendar

+2
gale force
observer
6 posters

Go down

Wal-Mart calendar Empty Wal-Mart calendar

Post by observer Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:05 pm

My daughter has been in Australia for 16 years now - and I started a tradition of getting her a calendar on which I hand wrote all the pertinent dates of our family - and extended family: birthdays etc. This year, I couldn't find one like I usually get - of the dog breed that she has - so I created another "reminder of home" by making a calendar at Wal-Mart - submitted on-line. I first used "Microsoft Picture-It" to collage various pictures of family - and her latest visits home - and then sent them in. It arrived today - about 11"x15" - with plenty of space to write in dates on each month's calendar page. It looks relatively professional (given that some of the photos were not the best quality - but meaningful - and therefore included). I am quite pleased!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Wal-Mart calendar Empty Re: Wal-Mart calendar

Post by gale force Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm sure that a "one of a kind created by mom" will be so much more appreciated than any store bought/thousands produced ever would be. So much thought obviously has gone into the pics you selected just for her!
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by tippycanoe Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:33 pm

I've never usually had a problem getting a free calendar at businesses we deal with except for this year, almost all have abandoned giving out calendars. I guess the business community just doesn't see any value in putting their names on something that hangs on walls all year long!

tippycanoe

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:24 pm

gale - not just "thought" - but TIME and FRUSTRATION when things didn't fit etc. Thanks for the acknowledgement.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by rbw Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Observer, you are a good mom.....
And I am sure you daughter thinks so too...
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks rbw. Maybe I'll ask her!! Hmmm .. maybe I won't! LOL

I'm sure we all do and/or did things for our kids that go "above and beyond".
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:48 pm

tippycanoe wrote:I've never usually had a problem getting a free calendar at businesses we deal with except for this year, almost all have abandoned giving out calendars. I guess the business community just doesn't see any value in putting their names on something that hangs on walls all year long!

Don't you get the Milk Calendar in the mail? That's the one I use - cause it has space to write down those same "occasions" that I write on my daughter's; and still leftover space for anything new that might come up.

OR - is everyone else using their phones and computers for calendars and date reminders?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:07 am

I still like the calendar I hang on my fridge with the squares large enough to keep track of appointments, birthdays and other noteable items. Had to buy one last year though!
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by tippycanoe Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:33 am

Me too, I like the car calendars, or the beautiful nature scenes. I, m not big on electronic devices, still like to scrawl in the open spaces on a calendar.

tippycanoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:40 am

I buy one of the fancy folk calendars every year. I transfer all the important dates each year so I don't forget them. The wall calendar is a better reminder for me than my business electronic calendar (for personal things).
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:31 am

We do both sort of half a$$, seems to work
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Went to play cards with some "gal"friends and one of the ladies asked if anyone needed a calendar for next year. We pretty all much said yes if they are the kind you can write on the squares. She came back to the table with a pile of calendars - must have been at least 30 there - many of which were duplicates, that she receives from the various organizations that she donates to. I guess that means that I am not generous enough to charity, or that the American system is different than the Canadian one in this regard.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down