Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today In Time

Go down

Today In Time Empty Today In Time

Post by observer Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 am

A fairly uneventful day!

1855 - Niagara Falls Ontario - Niagara Suspension Bridge opens, linking Canada and the US; first suspension bridge built to carry trains; first train crosses March 9

1930 - India - Mahatma Gandhi starts civil disobedience in India to end British rule.

1945 - International Women's Day is 1st observed

1952 - Ronald Reagan marries Nancy Davis

1959 - Groucho, Chico & Harpo's final TV appearance together

1972 - 1st flight of the Goodyear blimp

1990 - Sydney Nova Scotia - RCMP accept blame for bungled Donald Marshall investigation

BIRTHDAYS
1921 - Cyd Charisse (Tula Ellice Finklea) - dancer: Grand Hotel, Singin’ in the Rain; actress: Silk Stockings, Party Girl, Deep in My Heart; died Jun 17, 2008
1943 - Lynn Redgrave - actress: Georgy Girl, House Calls, Chicken Soup, Centennial, Rehearsal for Murder; died May 2, 2010
1945 - Mickey Dolenz - singer, drummer: group: The Monkees: I’m a Believer, Last Train to Clarksville; actor: Circus Boy

observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Today In Time Empty Re: Today In Time

Post by observer Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:06 pm

1959 - Groucho, Chico & Harpo's final TV appearance together

I don't remember seeing the 3 of them on TV together - I just remember Groucho - was the show called "You Bet Your life"? - when he had his cigar and the little bird that dropped down with the secret word?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down