Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And We're Off!

+5
Cuttin Bait
gale force
uncle jack
observer
kishgo
9 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

And We're Off! - Page 9 Empty Re: And We're Off!

Post by gale force Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 pm

good to hear from you growler. I usually drive to Ohio where I have family, leave my car there for the winter, hop on a plane, and get picked up at the airport by another family member who has previously been to my home and got my Florida car up and running for me. Who could ask for more? I am very fortunate and I know it. I also have emergency medical coverage insurance for my sojourn down south. that's one thing I " wouldn't leave home without it". Medical help in the states costs big time.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 am

oh ohkay, just thought i'd let you know what i used for insurance while in the us,as i never had them even question me about what i was doing before,after or while in the us and using it ! i alway's paid for the service that was done (it isn't required that you do that) on my amex card, and sent the invoice (s) in when i got home,with a copy of the amex purchase slip,and always had the refund before i had interest due on my account !
(the one for my broken hip was a biggie to!) so now i get the rest of my family to buy it every year,so they are covered if they go anywhere out of ontario !)
have a great winter gf,i miss going to fl.every winter now, as i have a lot of people that come and go down there still! plus i still have my timeshares, if you know anyone that wants to rent or buy one,in kissimmee. (hint hint,wink wink !)
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Kind of a sad day. We started the closing up procedure. Today we took down the slide and a light post. Every day something else will be put away. Boo hoo. Where did the summer go??????
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Yes it went very fast.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle jack Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

And We're Off! - Page 9 1316421266 scratch well it is one day closer to next summer cheers And We're Off! - Page 9 507444135 And We're Off! - Page 9 580207494
uncle jack
uncle jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Hubby asks, "What shall we do today Suzq?"
"Nothing, " is my answer.
His reply, "What fun is that? I think we should take down the cracked tree in the front yard."
And so we did. The 14 inch dead maple, about 80 feet high came down but not with a single thud, but several. It took us about three hours to bring it down, chop it up and clean up. All summer we've had the tree roped for security.
Now there's still one more that is slightly larger and is half down, thanks to a rotten trunk and a big wind storm. Currently it is wedged between two other trees. No danger of falling towards the cottage at all. Perhaps a spring job.
Oh, my aching muscles.......
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle jack Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 am

you will forget how much work it was as you are sitting by the fire with a glass of wine cheers
uncle jack
uncle jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 am

Could be true Uncle Jack but the wood is at the cottage (no fireplace) and in the city our two fireplaces are gas burning.
We have two huge stacks of wood at the cottage. Several times a year we boat over to the mainland to a friend' s house and load them up with wood. They would normally purchase their wood. A Win Win for all!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Well, after a 12 hour day, we are back to the city. The cottage has been totally winterized, the docks all in /up and we are exhausted. We are home about three weeks earlier than last year, but the weather was so cold and wet, we decided it was better to be back in the city. Stayed 6 months and 1 week.
So today has been spent unpacking, washing the fishing boat we brought home (filled with 'stuff") and then took it to a local marina to winterize the motor. Next week we'll take it in for storage at a friend's place.
I have muscles that ache beyond belief. We brought the fishing boat into the dock and onto the trailer at 7Pm last night, in the dark. We are ceritifably crazy!!!!!!!!!!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Do you ever wonder why "having fun" is such hard work?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:22 pm

LOL Sure have observe! I guess we like the 'inbetween part' better than the opening and closing 'work' part. My bruises are too sensitive to even wash over them! But by this time tomorrow, all will be well again. Hubby says this keeps us 'young'. So does the Spa!!!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Yeah - sometimes I question how much I "enjoy" to compensate for doing what I don't "enjoy" to be able to "enjoy" it! LOL
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Our philosophy is that we enjoy all that we can whenever possible as we are not youngsters anymore. Lived more life than there is left. As long as our health (and $$$) last, we intended to have fun.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am

Good for you and hubby Kishgo. I agree - do as much as you can and enjoy while you are able!
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum