Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this time the ride check cost a life !

5 posters

Go down

this time the ride check cost a life ! Empty this time the ride check cost a life !

Post by growler Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:15 pm

up north, south of sudbury, on highway #69 a woman tried to avoid a ride stop, turned around and sped away, so other opp's put out a spiked belt to try and catch her, but while avoiding the belt lost control,hit some police cars,killing herself, and injuring 3 officers !

what i'm wondering is rather than put out a belt would it not make more sense to follow the car and apprehend the driver when stopped ?

happened around 11 last night !
reported by the globe.
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

this time the ride check cost a life ! Empty Re: this time the ride check cost a life !

Post by observer Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:59 pm

There are those who say "You make your bed: you sleep in it" - you act a certain way - you must suffer the consequences of that action. Those people would believe that this woman suffered her fate as the result of her own actions - i.e. - the decision to avoid the RIDE program.

I don't always see things in such a black and white manner. I think everybody makes mistakes - and hopefully, they will get another opportunity to act differently the next time - and learn from the mistake!

More than unfortunate that this woman did not get that opportunity.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

this time the ride check cost a life ! Empty Re: this time the ride check cost a life !

Post by Rick Wisson Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm

And if they just said oh well let her go . And she took out innocent people with her who would be the bad guys?
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

There are always 2 sides, aren't there?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wisson Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 pm

There sure is some times there are 3 sides.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 pm

It was out of everyone's hands the minute she got behind the wheel. Perhaps she paniced thinking that she would blow over the limit after one glass of wine, or several!
I agree with Observer, nothing is black and white. I've always said that there's Her Story, His Story and The Truth. Three sides. Life is never black and white, even though there are people who believe so.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mario Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Because it was women it makes me feel more sympathetic for her. Usually when it's a guy you picture some red-neck, rebellious, couldn't-give-a-damn, reckless personality and wouldn't evoke much sympathy from me. But how often do women fit into that mould? If she over-reacted from fear rather than from a sense of lawlessness then it makes it more tragic.

mario
Man of Intrigue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down