Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why goods cost more in Canada than the US

4 posters

Go down

Why goods cost more in Canada than the US Empty Why goods cost more in Canada than the US

Post by Spidubic Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 pm

A pretty good explanation of why.

I would say a lot of it is simply taxes and tariffs by the look of it.

Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Why goods cost more in Canada than the US Empty Re: Why goods cost more in Canada than the US

Post by growler Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:28 pm

go to this site if you want to do a comparison on stuff.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/cross_border?&form=SHOPLK&setmkt=en-ca&setlang=match
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Why goods cost more in Canada than the US Empty Re: Why goods cost more in Canada than the US

Post by Ruby Tuesday Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Heading cross border shopping this weekend!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowfood Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Don't know if this is classed as a tariff, but there are persons/companies who own distribution rights for some goods sold in Canada. Examples-German cars.
So they receive a fee for every unit sold here.
We are going to Buffalo for a shopping trip this weekend too.
I spent a lot of time in the Oakville Ford plant, and it was interesting to see the difference in the sticker whether it was US bound or staying here.
Slowfood
Slowfood

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 am

yeah if you watch close enough,you can make,or save a quite a bit of money by buying a car/truck,on one side or the other!
my last truck,i bought here,but registered it in the usa at first,got all of my pst/gst back plus about $1800. prices back (to match the us dealer price) and wwhen i later brought it back to liccence as a canuck truck,i save on it as it had over 500,000.km on it,so was classed as a used vehicle.
and as a supplier to f/l i got a rebate of a bit over $5000,us from them,and mich.gave me $500.us for making it be put on mich tires,and i made them put exide batteries in it,so they gave me another $100.,and for having them switch it to synthetic luvbes they gave me a 750,000 MILE warranty.
all stuff you can't get if you register it in the great white north!
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down