Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profits High, Wages Low

5 posters

Go down

Profits High, Wages Low Empty Profits High, Wages Low

Post by Spidubic Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:46 am

This is from the US but I imagine Canada looks the same way.

Corporate Profits Just Hit An All-Time High, Wages Just Hit An All-Time Low

"Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before."

"One reason corporations are so profitable is that they don't employ as many Americans as they used to."

"In short, our current system and philosophy is creating a country of a few million overlords and 300+ million serfs."
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Profits High, Wages Low Empty Re: Profits High, Wages Low

Post by mario Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Maybe technology is to blame. If you are not employed in the technical field then you may be replaced by a robot.

mario
Man of Intrigue

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:47 pm

What is truly scary is that the gap is becoming increasingly wider between the rich and the poor. It has always been there but more of a middle ground was prevelant. Times are tough for our young people and yet, the more things change, the more they are the same.
When I was hired by the former Norfolkk County School Board in 1972, there were only six positions available in the entire county and I was very fortunate to be hired for one of the six jobs.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowfood Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 pm

People who have RRSP plans, stocks etc. hope the companies perform ruthlessly to make lots of profit ,grow share value and pay dividends.
Slowfood
Slowfood

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Neutral
well in some cases the decisions that people make are to blame !
confused
my daughter could tell anyone (did and do's)about her mean,cheapskate father !
when she was close to graduation in high school she told me bluntlly that even though i HAD to pay for her to go to college,(plus an apartment, even though she had already been given a car)that i could/would have no say in what studies she would take !
so i never said,or was informed what courses she chose !
but i assumed that her being a very good student since kindergarten that she would chose something to do with mathematics and maybe computers, as her best subjects in school had been math,and as i'd bought computers starting with vic 20 and going ever upward and her enjoying using them that she would do that!
WRONG !
she took early childhood education and another childhood related course that everyone had been taking for the previous decade !
but i held my tongue in check and 2 years later (and me a quite a few thousand dollars lighter) she graduated.
and glory be she got a job with the norfolk cas that summer !
a temp.position,but a job,in a field of no vacancy's!
but 6 weeks later and about 2 stacks of printing paper later(used for mail-out resumes) she was unemployed, but worked in tobacco for her grampa.(not a grumpy cheapskate like dad)
so in about oct. she had no job prospects and no alternate work so then that grumpy old guy got mean and told her he wanted board money like he said he paid after leaving school!
that cheapskate told her if she was in school, no board was needed,and if working steady she could stay for free.
but no school no more, and no job no more that she would have to pay board ! and he also said if she went back to school she had to take a subject (or 2) that he approved of !
well that guy was living up to his name.(just don't let him hear you say it!)
so she figureded it would be better going to school than putting up with him all the time so she took computerized accounting.
after all that would be an easy subject.
and she had a job given to her before the courrse was over,but that grump wouldn't let her take it until she graduated.
and a year after that she went to a job that paid about $40,000. and stayed there for about 10 years, then when it looked like the auto sector was in touble started taking night courses to become a registered chartered accountant, that led to her present job that pays about $85,000. per year. and about 13 years ago she met a very nice young gent, and married him and has given the cheapskate 2 great young grandsons.
and her hubby is now self employed and makes almost as much as her !
but no thanks to that grumpy old guy!
but i think if not for him she would still be struggling along with no steady work, all because of not being properly advised about what subject to take
Profits High, Wages Low 1316421266
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum