Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did You Read This?

4 posters

Go down

Did You Read This? Empty Did You Read This?

Post by kishgo Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:30 pm

The following article makes my blood boil. Poor baby....she seems bored and lonely. I can think of much worse things she should feel but I can't print those thoughts. How can she possibly be allowed to have children???????

"So another journalist has tracked down Karla Homolka. Yaaay!

Canadian TV and print reporter Paula Todd found the former wife and accomplice of serial sex-killer Paul Bernardo living on the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe, married to the brother of her lawyer and raising their three kids, the Globe and Mail reported.

Todd managed a brief interview with Homolka, who now goes by Leanne Bordelais, which supplies the climax for an e-book Finding Karla: How I Tracked Down an Elusive Serial Child Killer and Discovered a Mother of Three. Coincidently, it comes out today.

Homolka, or should I say Bordelais, became perhaps the most hated woman in Canada when she and Bernardo were arrested in 1993 in the murders of teenagers Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy.

Homolka, who also helped Bernardo drug and rape her own sister, Tammy, who died during the assault, copped to a manslaughter charge in exchange for giving evidence against her husband.

[ Related: Luka Magnotta to face preliminary hearing set for March 2013 ]

The deal caused an uproar when subsequent discovery of the couple's video-taped recordings of the killings showed she was more deeply involved.

Homolka served her full 12-year prison term and was released in 2007. She settled initially in Quebec and changed her name to Leanne Teale.

The Globe points out this is the third time reporters have tracked her down. They first found her working in a Montreal hardware store soon after her release and then traced her home address at an east-end Montreal apartment.

It's like some ghoulish game of Where's Waldo.

Homolka/Bordelais has quite properly tried to disappear from public view and consciousness while her ex-husband rots in segregation in Kingston Penitentiary. But there's no denying in our celebrity-driven media culture a certain segment is fascinated by people like her.

Homolka's name surfaced last month connected to Luka Magnotta, Canada's latest horror-movie killer. The National Post reported he made another brief court appearance Thursday to set a date for a preliminary hearing next March in the murder, dismemberment and mail distribution of university student Jun Lin.

News reports before his capture said Magnotta, who allegedly videotaped the killing of Jun, had a claimed but later denied a romantic link to Homolka.

I'm sure a lot of Canadians read that and thought to themselves, "I wonder where she is now." Well, now you know.

According to snippets from Todd's book reported by the Globe, the reporter walked up to a secluded apartment building in early May and walked up to the second-floor apartment's outside entrance.

"I look through it into a tiny, tidy kitchen," Todd related. "There, bent over the sink, is a petite woman with light hair. She turns her face sideways to see who's arriving. Then she freezes ..."

Homolka/Bordelais invited Todd into the home and while she was distrustful, she was not outright dismissive.

Trying to make small talk and put Homolka at ease, Todd observed she appeared to be a good mother.

"That's funny that you think you can judge that after seeing me this short time," the notorious child killer snapped back.

The interview lasted an hour, Todd said.

"I'd say she was lonely and slightly bored," Todd said."
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Did You Read This? Empty Re: Did You Read This?

Post by Catweb Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:49 pm

I remember hearing when she was pregnant with the first child, but had no idea she had 3 now......not that she should have any.

The whole thing is disgusting. I can't imagine those poor children when they find out/are told who their mother is......which I'm sure will eventually happen.

And who in their right mind would ever be in any kind of relationship with this woman, nevermind marry her? I could maybe see her married to someone who didn't know who she was.....but her lawyers brother?! Ugh!

Catweb

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Did You Read This? 4195803818
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Did You Read This? 4195803818 Did You Read This? 1601752442
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Is it revealing that she chose to use the surname "Teale"? That was a name that Paul Bernardo used as well - Teale!

Beyond belief that someone who knew who she was would marry her and have kids with her. What will those kids think when they learn who their mother was? Do they believe that Guadeloupe is THAT isolated that it will never happen? The kids don't deserve to be outed - but it's hard to have any sympathy for HER when she's outed!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:34 am

i used to cross the border at ft.erie,into buffalo a quite a bit while the trial was going on with her hubby.
after the 3rd day or so of the trial customs started asking if you had a buffalo newspaper in the truck with you,and would seize it if you said yes.
i guess the court(judge) was pissed that he couldn't stop the americans from telling the testimony given in court.But what it done was let anyone who was crossing to know if they bought a buffalo paper and brought it back they could sell it in ontario and make some $ out of it.
the two or three truckstops along the qew would give the first person to bring one in a free meal.
and other people sold them or if it was requested give a copy to customers or their employees for favors in work assignments.
it was a brisk market for some.
for me it was a gross error on the canadian people.
if most had heard what some of us read capital punishment would have been re-instated.
but just another thing that the trudeau era left us with !
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down