Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avengers Movie breaks box office record

5 posters

Go down

Avengers Movie breaks box office record Empty Avengers Movie breaks box office record

Post by Spidubic Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 am

The Avengers left the previous opening weekend record holder in the dust. Last year Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 took in $169 million on opening weekend. Avengers blew past that and took in over $200 million. I am hoping to see it this week. Smile

Link to story
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Avengers Movie breaks box office record Empty Re: Avengers Movie breaks box office record

Post by Spidubic Tue May 08, 2012 10:36 am

Avengers box office record may backfire on the movie industry and its claim piracy hurts them.

Several pirated versions floating around the internet before opening day
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Avengers Movie breaks box office record Empty Re: Avengers Movie breaks box office record

Post by observer Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

What was the movie that did so well on opening a couple weeks ago? I'm told it has something to do with kids eating kids?????
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Tue May 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Hunger Games?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Was it Clint Eastwood or perhaps Mel Gibson who is the first to produce a movie and sell it directly to an ISP or something like that. He avoided the entire movie theatre step.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm

I think the title was "Hunger GAmes". Has anyone seen it? There was a cute cartoon in one of the strips, where the kid asks his mother if he can go see "hunger Games" - cause it was not rated for adults only. She asks him what it's about - and he says "kids eating other kids" - and of course, permission was denied.

MAYBE when it's out on video - I'll watch it. Sounds like quite a concept!

As for "The Avengers", the promos I've seen look like Superheroes on film rather than in the comics. BUT - I could be wrong.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowfood Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 pm

My favorite Avenger is still Emma Peel/Diana Rigg.
Many fantasies about her while that series was running.
Slowfood
Slowfood

Back to top Go down

Post by mario Fri May 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Actually Purdey (Joanna Lumley), from The New Avengers, wasn't too bad either.

mario
Man of Intrigue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down