Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROMISED LAND

3 posters

Go down

PROMISED LAND Empty PROMISED LAND

Post by retired2 Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 pm

PROMISED LAND Mime-a31
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

PROMISED LAND Empty Re: PROMISED LAND

Post by kishgo Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:17 pm

About sixteen or so years ago, my hubby took me to the "Promised Land" in Pennsylvania, only to learn it was a state park! We tented for four loooong days and nights during torrential rains when the park occupancy was only 10%. See what love does to you!?!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Went camping once back in the 60's or 70's. Did it once - saw no future in doing it again! LOL

There's a car commercial on right now that I love - a couple gets up from their bed at home - and RUSH off in their car - to get to the campsite where they quickly crawl in - and then out - to say "Good morning" to the guy who's making coffee at the camp fire. LOVE IT! My kind of camping out!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:26 pm

I had never been camping in my entire life. After one night I knew why! The only camping I will do now is a great hotel with a concierge, valet and super dining!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:27 pm

My idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn without a hot tub
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:46 am

Agreed!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:44 pm

After the initial camping experience, my soon to be hubby convinced me to give tenting another try. We went to New Hampshire. Stayed 10 days IN A TENT. I was going so crazy I broke out in hives from head to toe. We left. The best part of the story was the result of seeing the city getting closer and closer and my hives retrieved so by the time we arrived home I was almost hive free!!! NEVER again!!
That being said, I think spending 10 days in a cabin cruiser may give me the same reaction as to tenting. Will let you know next season!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Not a chance kishgo! Cabin cruisers have real beds - and adjacent washrooms - and fridges - and kitchen facilities - and couches!!!! And no sand or grass! LOL - or outdoor johns - or rain leaking through the seams etc. etc.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:31 am

But they are so cramped. Plus we have our sweetie wheatie with us. So far after about two hours he's ready to get off. I'll give it a try of course. Just don't want to hear anything more about a three week outing with other friends after one week with another group. One week sounds manageable. Plus my hubby and I always have two master bedrooms. I know who is going to get the smaller (tiny!) berth and it won't be tall hubby! Oh well..we only live once. I'll do it!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down