Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toronto Mayor

+3
retired2
Slowfood
Ruby Tuesday
7 posters

Go down

Toronto Mayor Empty Toronto Mayor

Post by Ruby Tuesday Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:50 pm

So what is the consensus on his future in a mayoral role?
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Toronto Mayor Empty Re: Toronto Mayor

Post by Slowfood Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:03 pm

We will see, but on Dec.6th the blacked out portions of the Police investigations of his friend will come out.
One radio host has said it is GOOD!(They got a sneak preview) Probably meaning bad for the Mayor.
Slowfood
Slowfood

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 pm

I see some lady wants to make a pron film with him. Would you pay to see that.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Gross
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:29 pm

If he gets re-elected, I guess it will just reinforce the premise that people get what they deserve. Unfortunately, it's not the WHOLE city that deserves him - but often, apathy - the scores who don't vote - that allow the fanatics to have their way!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Maybe he will be charged with something before next election
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Let's hope so!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:50 am

probably get the KEYS to the CITY !
or at least a get out of jail free card ?
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:15 pm

I suspect that since TO has a great deal of minorities, he appeals to that segment. He saves them money in the nickel and diming way and that is where he gets his support, in my opinion.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:47 pm

I cannot fathom how he can still have a 42 percent approval rating!!!
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:12 pm

In my opinion, he's not appealing to the minorities, but rather to the blue collar worker - and the suburbanite - be they the same persons or not. He tries (quite successfully) to portray himself as the guy next door that you could drink a beer with at the local watering hole - and not one of those high-priced, snooty city centre types - with their artsy stuff and their ''save the environment at any cost" agendas. What good are subways going to do for folks in the suburbs, who NEED a car to get to work anyway - subways not available!

Have been reading some editorial suggestions that Ford is a product of amalgamating the City of Toronto with all those outlying boroughs - resulting in the 3rd largest city in North America, yes - but with no homogenous make up. What's good for the city (the OLD city) is not necessarily what's good for the boroughs.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:40 pm

observer wrote:In  my opinion, he's not appealing to the minorities, but rather to the blue collar worker - and the suburbanite - be they the same persons or not. He tries (quite successfully) to portray himself as the guy next door that you could drink a beer with at the local watering hole - and not one of those high-priced, snooty city centre types - with their artsy stuff and their ''save the environment at any cost" agendas. What good are subways going to do for folks in the suburbs, who NEED a car to get to work anyway - subways not available!

Have been reading some editorial suggestions that Ford is a product of amalgamating the City of Toronto with all those outlying boroughs - resulting in the 3rd largest city in North America, yes - but with no homogenous make up. What's good for the city (the OLD city) is not necessarily what's good for the boroughs.
If we had a Facebook "like" button I would!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Ruby Tuesday wrote:
observer wrote:In  my opinion, he's not appealing to the minorities, but rather to the blue collar worker - and the suburbanite - be they the same persons or not. He tries (quite successfully) to portray himself as the guy next door that you could drink a beer with at the local watering hole - and not one of those high-priced, snooty city centre types - with their artsy stuff and their ''save the environment at any cost" agendas. What good are subways going to do for folks in the suburbs, who NEED a car to get to work anyway - subways not available!

If we had a Facebook "like" button I would!

as would i !
but then no one would reply !
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down