Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The part of Norfolk's budget that is spent for the OPP!

2 posters

Go down

The part of Norfolk's budget that is spent for the OPP! Empty The part of Norfolk's budget that is spent for the OPP!

Post by growler Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Just thought I’d pass this little, trivial item on to all of you, maybe it will help justify OPP’s budget?
At lunch in the dining room in NHNH an employee of NGH came in to assist a family member with the noontime meal.
As it was Sat., I asked why they had been in to work,(this person do’s x-ray,cat-scan,or some other type of imaging?)?
They said they were called in earlier for a person who came into emergency with issues needing the type of service they do, and it was this person’s weekend to be on call.
So we had some conversation, and it turned into a questioning conversation, to include the seriousness’ of the storm.
I mentioned that the OPP said there were multiple calls about cars stuck and sliding off the road’s and asked if they had trouble coming to Simcoe from Pt.Ryerse, where this person lives?
They said no trouble but the OPP, calling in people to investigate car related mishaps must have been the reason they had a RIDE check on #24 south of #6 before the Pt.Ryerse turn off, with two patrol cars and 4 officers stopping traffic at 6AM on a sat. after a major storm had just gotten over with !

I’m very happy that they were out and stopping people coming into and going out from Simcoe,after sitting out the storm and doing all that drinking before going to work, or home, and kernal Klink still allowing other officers to collect overtime so as to top up their pay and get the budget back up to where it shouldn’t be!
And I think is justified in not patrolling residential area’s where cars,trucks,garage’s,and home's are being broken into and robbed on an irregular basis, as they should be allocating even more manpower to RIDE checks and other traffic enforcement duties they do!
After all it is normally only petty theft's of private property, and is usually done by young offenders who can’t be made to change.
And these young offenders would then have the indignity of having a mark on their record until they became an adult, and we all know that would scar them for life!
Anyways the OPP only have our best interests in mind,(not our pocketbooks?)and they would get a lot more good press if they caught an impaired driver than they would by arresting a juvenile !(and we all know that good press is critical)
So now we have a bit more information to use when we have to justify any future increases in the OPP’s budget!
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

The part of Norfolk's budget that is spent for the OPP! Empty Re: The part of Norfolk's budget that is spent for the OPP!

Post by observer Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Growler - you're just about as jaded as I am about the use of the public purse - and by the OPP use of the public purse!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

The part of Norfolk's budget that is spent for the OPP! Empty Re: The part of Norfolk's budget that is spent for the OPP!

Post by growler Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:03 am

jaded ?
i thot i was glazed,or galvanized or sumpthin ?
confused
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down