Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major retail changes coming in the next few years?

2 posters

Go down

Major retail changes coming in the next few years? Empty Major retail changes coming in the next few years?

Post by Spidubic Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:17 am

Quite the interesting article. Talks about how brick and mortar stores will simply be test centers were you shop for an item then it is ordered and delivered online. Stores will sell nothing. They talk about computers that let you see how you would look in an outfit without ever trying it on. Or 3D printers in your home that will print out something you bought or even more mind boggling, drugs from the pharmacy?!?

Why shopping will never be the same

After reading the article one wonders where the stores will find people to buy their items. It sounds like a store like Best Buy would be a lot smaller and require less staff. If all retail goes that way then that puts a lot of people out of work so where do they get the jobs required to buy the items online after looking at them in the test stores?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Major retail changes coming in the next few years? Empty Re: Major retail changes coming in the next few years?

Post by longtallsally Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:47 am

I'm not so keen on store shopping, but when I visit shopping centres, I'm amazed at the throngs of people. It seems hard to imagine that people would want to give up on this pasttime. Shopping has become a recreational activity and a family outing. It should be interesting to see what comes.

longtallsally

Back to top Go down