Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retail Therapy

5 posters

Go down

Retail Therapy Empty Retail Therapy

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:58 am

Just got home last night from a day & a half of retail therapy. No prescription required and I feel so much better! Even better yet when they sent me through without making me pay duty.... Happy girl!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Retail Therapy Empty Re: Retail Therapy

Post by Rick Wisson Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:13 am

cheers
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:53 am

Very Happy
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:18 am

Very Happy Very Happy

that is very good, but did you get the person at the booth to stamp your rec'ts with the little stamper ?
i hope you did !
could cost yoou BIG $$$ later !!

Retail Therapy 3048187578
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 am

How is that growler?
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:34 am

Well its a sort of screwed up system that the customs people use to make our life more expensive !
if someone thinks they are a hero, or is thinking you crossed them up, and they want to cause you a bunch of trouble, then all they have to do is wait for you to return from a trip to the us, then they could phone customs when you get home and say they seen you carry some goods into your residence that you didn't pay hst or duty,or both on.
then your trouble starts !
they don't have to identify themselves, but are given a # to collect a $500. reward if they find something. but customs because of an anonymous tip can get a search warrant for your home and/or workplace, and search everything you own, and if they find anything of value that could have been smuggled in the past 7 years,(not canadian made,but from anywhere that has retail outlets (dealers)in the us)that you don't have rec'pts for as being bought here with hst/pst/gst paid or rec'ts from the us with customs doc's. or stamps on them showing they were declared,then you get charged with being a smuggler !
i know of a family that used to live in the former beverly township area (near Rockton)that it cost them a bit over $5000. plus lawyers fees over that crapola.
if you get the chance and want to read up on it, the booklet is sometimes at the post office,saying somthing about smuggling on the front of it !
i still have an old one at the house, i'll get my bride to try to find it if you want.
its a law that was wrote in the 50s or maybe the 40s, but a stupid law that is only good for useless people.
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:23 am

Well, didn't see that coming - they are hiking the duty free allowance to 200 and 800 respectively for over 24 and 48 hr trips.

Laughing Shoppin till I'm droppin.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Thought the new regs would appeal to YOU Ruby! LOL
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down