Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian's restaurant

5 posters

Go down

Christian's restaurant Empty Christian's restaurant

Post by Spidubic Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Went there for my birthday dinner tonight. Will sadly likely be our last time. I really am not sure what has happened there over the last year but most of it is not for the best. The menu has shrunk significantly. What was once four pages (both sides for Cool is now but two pages (both sides for 4). Salisbury steak one of my favs is gone. Fish and Chips English style is now a Friday only special. No more birthday savings. USe to be age as a percentage off then that was cut to up to x% off. Now you get a free dessert. And the worst offense of all which could be due to the time of day is the celery bread. Once so deliciously dripping with butter and melt in your mouth is is now dry and over cooked.

One thing they did that I like is vegetables are an optional order. I can't tell you how many times we forgot to ask what the veg was only to have the plate arrive and it to stay untouched.

Anyone else noticed this?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Christian's restaurant Empty Re: Christian's restaurant

Post by retired2 Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 pm

Not one of our favorites, prefer the Highway any day.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:05 am

The only thing I liked about Christian's was the celery bread. After all these years I've been away from Simcoe, I thought this restaurant would have closed by now.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am

The perch used to be almost equivalent to the Erie Beach - but the last time we went - it wasn't that great. That's been quite a while now - just didn't have the desire to go back and try it again!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Used to love it, but have not went there for about two years. Reason being we had multiple meals come and went home unhappy. I do not like paying for someone to cook my food and then go home unhappy - EVER! Who would?

I had a chicken dinner that was seriously terrible. Twice. Stringy with grizzle and then cl. Etc.

Will never go back.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down