Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have any favourite comedians...

+2
rbw
observer
6 posters

Go down

Do you have any favourite comedians... Empty Do you have any favourite comedians...

Post by observer Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:10 pm

... from "the old days"?

Usually loved Jonathon Winters, when they gave him his head and let him ad-lib. Robin Williams came close at doing as good a job when winging it.

George Gobel on the Carol Burnett show was most often hilarious.

George and Gracie as a TEAM were much funnier than George on his own, I thought.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Do you have any favourite comedians... Empty Re: Do you have any favourite comedians...

Post by rbw Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Tim Conway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY&list=RD8omYODr6vbg
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Do you have any favourite comedians... Empty Re: Do you have any favourite comedians...

Post by gale force Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Always enjoyed Carol Burnett and her complete supporting cast. They were all terrific.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:16 pm

It WAS Tim Conway I was thinking about on the Carol Burnett Show - but I DID like George Gobel too - just Tim Conway better.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 pm

I like all of them but let,s not forget Johny Carson
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wisson Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:08 pm

retired2 wrote:I like all of them but let,s not forget Johny Carson
Also lets not forget Retired. cheers cheers cheers cheers
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:41 pm

George was funny but Tim could get you rolling on the floor laughing
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:43 pm

And Johnny Carson's mentor - or model - as he admitted - was Jack Benny - masters of the "look", timing - and the understatement.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Seems Bill Cosby still has a following. Got a standing ovation at a recent performance, I read.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:49 pm

How about George Carlin? One of the earliest to defy the censorship on words. He did a whole routine about it. Used to have it on tape.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:19 pm

I LOVE watching stand up comedy!!

My two current favourite comedians are Jeff Dunham and Gabriel Iglasies. We saw Jeff Dunham in Hamilton a few years ago and he put on a fantastic show. We also went to London about two years ago to see Russell Peters and we were shockingly dissappointed.

I have waited for years to see Gabriel Iglasies and we had tickets to see him last week, but someone decided to have an unplanned bypass surgery that day, so we missed it. Tickets went to happy show-goers, just not this one!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by rbw Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:46 pm

observer wrote:How about George Carlin? One of the earliest to defy the censorship on words. He did a whole routine about it. Used to have it on tape.

A lot of George's clips are on You Tube if you want a laugh, I especially
like the one he does on global warming ..
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Ruby - tell us a bit about the two guys you mentioned. I'm totally unfamiliar with them
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:18 am

Jeff Dunham is a current comedian. He does his stand up comedy with character dolls and is a ventriloquist. Very talented man, and quite funny.

Gabriel Iglasies I've seen onTV a few times. He has a good show, "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy". Watched it a couple of times. He likes to make fun of his size and nationality (Mexican).

Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:12 am

They had a run of Jeff's shows on tv a while ago. We watched all of them Excellent
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:02 am

retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:04 am

retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down