Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is your favourite salad dressing?

+3
retired2
observer
mario
7 posters

Go down

what is your favourite salad dressing? Empty what is your favourite salad dressing?

Post by mario Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I normally just dump olive oil and white vinegar on my salads but sometimes I'll try a store-bought one. Irresistables (food basics) sun-dried tomatoe with oregano isn't too bad. A little salty perhaps...but aren't they all? Not a fan of the really tangy ones like french or russian. I think I tried a couple of paul newmans dressings too. Can't say anything had a big effect on me. Guess I'll just stick with the good ol' olive oil and vinegar one. Anybody come across any interesting ones? Any home made recipes?

mario
Man of Intrigue

Back to top Go down

what is your favourite salad dressing? Empty Re: what is your favourite salad dressing?

Post by observer Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I bought a wonderful thing at Courtland bakery - Vidalia onion and poppy seed. I'm thinking to take a special drive back there to get it again (expensive as it is - $6.95 for a standard bottle size, if you can believe!)

Meantime, Courtland bakery also has the best bread - and crusty rolls - and cheese crowns. (plus hot pepperoni). So, if you're in the mood to treat yourself to some "special" foods - it's a good place to go. And, THEN - it's also a good thing that it's not right downtown - cause it ain't cheap!

On the other hand - for Greek salad fans, I use Greek spice - let it sit on the salad for a bit, and then pour on the olive oil and toss. Thought it was among the best, till I had that Vidalia and poppy seed!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

what is your favourite salad dressing? Empty Re: what is your favourite salad dressing?

Post by retired2 Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00 pm

I like the hot dry Hungarian sausage myself. Topped of with rum mountain balls
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:28 am

For my first wedding, Courtland Bakery supplied the cremesh -sp- for dessert. It's the lemon and pastry one. Yummy. Haven't had it in many years since then!!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:48 am

i'm with you Observer. My mom has gotten the vidalia dressing at Costco in London and she loves it also, but it does at least come in a large size bottle. Down here I always buy Ken's Steak House Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing. It is just sooo good.

In a pinch I make a sour cream, sugar, red wine vinegar, mayo combo that is good, though a little sweet for lettuce salad, but absolutely great on coleslaw.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:56 am

#1. Sweet Onion
#2. Raspberry Vinaigrette (sp?)

Not a huge salad person, but I am starting to eat them more often for lunch - the meal type salads with chicken, etc.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:32 am

I usually make my own and have a wide variety. But in a pinch will use Renees. I add red wine and anchovie paste to the Caesar Dressing.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:32 am

I usually make my own and have a wide variety. But in a pinch will use Renees. I add red wine and anchovie paste to the Caesar Dressing.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 am

pirat

hi all ,
don't know the recipe they use,orhow to get it, but the dressing that is my favorite,is the blue cheese that is served by the flying "j" chain of truckstops in the us !
the ones on canada use a different recipe !

it has very large chunks of blue cheese in it,and makes me hungry just remembering it !
scratch
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down