Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observations

2 posters

Go down

Observations Empty Observations

Post by kishgo Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 pm

There are some differences living in FL compared to Ontario.
1. Garbage pick up twice per week.
2. Very little recycling
3. No composting
4. Wide use of plastic bags in grocery stores.
5. Sun sun sun
6. Pesticides used everywhere.
7. Sun sun sun
8. Milk in jugs, not plastic bags

Our dog became ill quite suddenly two weeks ago. He was licking an area on this tummy a lot and when I checked, I saw what I thought was a hot spot. He's had a couple before so I was aware of how to treat it. But the situation became worse and overnight, he lost huge clumps of fur. (He is a non shedding dog.) And when I looked at this underside, he had open and oozing sores. So off to the vet who said it was a reaction to pesticides used on lawns everywhere in FL. Many animals react this way to it. She was surprised to hear that in ON, pesticide use was banned and very pleased to hear that!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Observations Empty Re: Observations

Post by kishgo Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:04 pm

9. Two for one sales at the grocery store
10.Less expensive hair products, priced down by 50%, regular price
11. Coupons!!! Really good coupons! Bed Bath and Beyond, 20 % off every sale, even on the sale price. By the time we used the sale advantage, coupons etc. we paid $16 for a $100 item!! It doesn't happen every time, but sure worked out this time!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Interesting about the pesticicdes. In the Punta Cana (Dom Rep) area where we were a little bit ago - twice during the week they came around with some fogging device that was obviously meant as an insecticide. MYSELF, I rushed indoors before the fog could engulf me - but the guys who were carrying the motorized sprayers were not even wearing masks!

As another observation, we summer in Turkey Point, where mosquitos are a given. Yet, when we go across to Erie - and other American ports, mosquitos are a non-issue. Does one really believe that it's because mosquitos prefer Canadian locations? I think not!

observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down