Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help from Kishgo, Please

4 posters

Go down

Help from Kishgo, Please Empty Help from Kishgo, Please

Post by longtallsally Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:01 am

Kishgo, can you recommend a couple of restaurants in Burlington that would be good for a couple of girlfriends to have lunch at? We like good food, a comfy atmosphere, and need to be able to sit for a long while and gab. Thanks.

longtallsally

Back to top Go down

Help from Kishgo, Please Empty Re: Help from Kishgo, Please

Post by kishgo Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 am

Lots to choose from.
From high end to not but still good food:
Spencer's on the Waterfront
Paradiso (all their food has a bit of punch to it)
Stonehouse
The Rude Native (not my fave but others like it)
Milestone's
Red Canoe
European Bistro
Walker's Fish House (hit and miss but great atmosphere!)

Apparently The Keg in Burlington is a great place too. I find the Kegs vary in quality and so we haven't checked it out but others like it.

Spencer's and Stone House are my faves in Burlington but the Twisted Lemon in Cayuga is number one of all lists.

Lunch times are less crowded than the dinner hour but even given that, four of us spent three hours gabbing, eating and drinking. No one hurried us at all.
If none of those suit you lts, I'd be happy to get out the phone book to have a look for more. These are just the ones that came to me off the top of my head.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by longtallsally Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:56 am

Thanks, Kishgo. I'll check out all of your suggestions on the web. I agree with you about the Twisted Lemon, but my friend from Oakville would find that drive too far. What is it about urban folks who think everythiing is too far to drive to, while rural people drive everywhere without minding the distance?

longtallsally

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 am

I think it is because it probably takes just as long to drive one KM in the city as it does to drive 10 KMS in the county. The time to distance ratio changes.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:06 am

What you say is soooo true LTS! I think it's because the drive from the country to the city is an easier drive ( not shorter) whereas navigating throughout the city can be brutal. It's not unusual to spend 20 -30 min getting across the city, especially on a Friday night. However, my non city friends find it frustrating to drive to Burlington so most of the time we meet in Brantford or Mount Pleasant.
Having lived in the city now for almost 11 years, I find there is a different mindset about going out of the city too. Wierd I know but I do see it. If you leave the city, it's for a destination type purpose (ie...going into Toronto or to go skiing etc.) Perhaps the country doesn't have the same lure. Just a suposition on my part.
Let me know what you choose and how you like it!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Just thought of another place that's not a rushed place to eat..West Plains Bistro. I love their mushroom crepes and the desserts are super yummy.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by longtallsally Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Kishgo, we've decided to go to Spencers. I'll let you know how we like it (not going until the 14th). I'm keeping your list of restaurants, including the West Plains Bistro, for future reference. We're in Burlington often, so it's good to have an idea of where to go, based on someone's recommendations.

longtallsally

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm

You will love Spencer's. The restaurant sits on the waterfront and you can see the water activity. This time of year it won't be too exciting but in the summer it is fabulous. Hope you like the food!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle jack Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 am

scratch i think you should start a new business kishgo trying out and recomending restaurants cheers
uncle jack
uncle jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:03 am

Shh..it's a side business already.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content