Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to be a Long Day

4 posters

Go down

Going to be a Long Day Empty Going to be a Long Day

Post by kishgo Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:53 am

I was up at 5AM. Started the beef stock which takes about 7 hours from start to finish. It's only about 9 and I'm ready for a nap. Out for dinner tonight with some GFs so it could be a long day. Maybe I'll have an afternoon nap!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Going to be a Long Day Empty Re: Going to be a Long Day

Post by observer Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:59 am

Why is it that when we are young - and have to get up for kids, work and all those demanding things, we could sleep till noon if given the chance - and now, when there's nothing pressing to get up and get at (usually), the eyes pop open and the ability to continue sleeping vanishes - often at very early hours?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 am

Crazy isn't it!
My brain wouldn't shut off last night and consequently, had many dreams, especially about those who have passed. At one point, I was tired of it all and woke myself up, thinking that if I interrupted the dream pattern, wake up, then I could return to sleep. Not to be!!!
When I was younger, my regular day started at 5:15 AM, on the road in an hour and off to work. Way out of that routine now. Thank goodness!

Last edited by kishgo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 am

I like getting up early, best part of the day, nice and quite, wife gets up a couple of hours later. The dreams are something else. I keep dreaming about my old work place. Not sure why
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 pm

I too love reading the paper in complete silence. Then I have to fold it back up carefully to appear unread so hubby has the same pleasurable experience. Once in a while I dream about my former work place but not very often. Think I did more so when I was newly retired. Now I dream about dead people. Hope this is not 'a sign'!!!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Going to be a Long Day 580207494
when i was young (last week i think) i could hardly drag myself out of bed (damned pillow kept my head stuck down) but after i got middle aged, 3or 4 days ago, i started waking between 4:30 and 5 when i was home.
and even if i went to bed at 1 am , but now that all i can do is stay in bed,and have to get help to get up,i would rather get up very early.
and as far as dreaming goes, i dream about people that i knew and passed on plus those still alive, and enjoy dreaming about work.
but i enjoyed working and if i was able would still be working !
oh well ,win some , lose sme . Going to be a Long Day 21574504
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down