Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is TV going to go the way of newspapers?

2 posters

Go down

Is TV going to go the way of newspapers? Empty Is TV going to go the way of newspapers?

Post by Spidubic Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 am

TV business collapsing?

TV viewing in our house has dropped off dramatically. I can remember years ago we would watch TV from 7-11 at night. Game shows then network television like NCIS or Seinfeld as examples. Now? TV is on while we eat supper but after that not much. We dropped our Shaw subscription to the bare minimum which of course gives us network TV but none of the specialty channels which are the ones we usually watched. But for the amount we actually watch TV it is not worth paying the pretty much double price to get them. And of the few shows we do watch I have actually started *cough* downloading *cough* them to a hard drive to watch later. I could save them to the DVR but it is actually easier to just plug the hard drive in and watch off it.

I would love to be able to just pick the 5 or so channels I want to watch and pay for those.

So how much TV do you watch? And is it worth it?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Is TV going to go the way of newspapers? Empty Re: Is TV going to go the way of newspapers?

Post by observer Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:02 pm

I watch TV really rarely - mostly when I go to bed - and watch the news.

We have cable - basic + the package that our carrier offers having CNN, Discovery, A&E (which used to actually have arts and entertainment - now mostly reality nonsense) & a couple others that we don't generally watch either - like TSN, I think - which also USED TO have some interesting programming.

My spouse watches a bit more than I do - SPIKE - which often has movies - and a couple others.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum