Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby gender selection

3 posters

Go down

Baby gender selection Empty Baby gender selection

Post by Spidubic Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:22 am

"A Washington-based reproductive clinic is advertising gender selection services in a Canadian newspaper that targets Southeast Asian communities, CBC News has learned."

Baby gender selection

How do you feel about selecting the sex of your baby? What happens if in a few years we have a lot of little boys and very few girls?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Baby gender selection Empty Re: Baby gender selection

Post by kishgo Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm

I wouldn't have wanted to know the sex of my first child but it could have been useful for the second. A male for my first and I was SURE my second would be a girl. As it turned out HE didn't want to wear pink! Had I known the sex before the birth of my second child, perhaps I might have been disappointed. And perhaps for a nanosecond maybe I was. But you know how you fall in love instantly with your baby....
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:03 pm

The issue, as I understand it, is that there are certain cultural groups within our country who still value boys over girls - and it is assumed that, in those situations, if the foetus is determined to be a girl - they abort. Some hospitals, often frequented by these cultural groups, are now declining to reveal the sex of the unborn child, to avoid this.

Have read a couple things that are questioning the ethics of this. Some are saying that if it's to be up to the determination of the woman whether she wants to continue the pregnancy or not - i.e. have an abortion - should it matter whether her reason is that it's inconvenient to have a child, and thus "give me an abortion" - or whether it's because I don't want a girl - or another girl - thus "Give me an abortion"

Amazing how few things are black or white, isn't it?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down