Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why nobody trusts anybody anymore!

2 posters

Go down

Why nobody trusts anybody anymore! Empty Why nobody trusts anybody anymore!

Post by observer Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:53 pm

NBC News President Deborah Turness: "We have decided today to suspend Brian Williams as Managing Editor and Anchor of NBC Nightly News for six months. The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately. We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News."

In case any of you don't know - he reported that he was in a helicopter during the Iraq war that was hit by gunfire - turns out that wasn't the case. And, now, there are questions about some of is other claims as well.

It's just such an unfortunate situation that so many "truths" turn out to be untruths. How about the WMD's - Weapons of Mass Destruction - of the Bush rationale for attacking Iraq?

observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Why nobody trusts anybody anymore! Empty Re: Why nobody trusts anybody anymore!

Post by observer Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Ian Millhiser ✔ @imillhiser
Follow
BREAKING: Brian Williams becomes first person in human history to suffer professional consequences for lying about the Iraq War.

ISN'T THAT the truth?

I personally believe that the whole debacle created by George Bush (II) for waging war in Iraq - under false pretenses - has resulted in ISIS for sure - let alone other unnamed attacks against the "west"
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:58 pm

I was shocked to hear about his less than accurate telling of a few situations! The public looks up to them and considers them to be credible news sources (any typical news anchor).

Scorn, scorn.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:13 pm

I still go back to feeling that the worst outcome of stuff like this (I don't CARE that he's losing his millions in salary while suspended) - is that WE, the public, are exposed to ever more instances of "you can't believe anybody" - not politicians for sure, we know - and apparently not "the news" either.

A sad day for democratic societies - along with other events that make a mockery of democracy as we thought it was - or should be!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum