Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started .. And almost finished my shopping today

+3
Rick Wisson
observer
Ruby Tuesday
7 posters

Go down

Started .. And almost finished my shopping today Empty Started .. And almost finished my shopping today

Post by Ruby Tuesday Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Limeridge Mall and Walmart. 80% done now. It was fairly busy at Limeridge ... Bet the next 3 weekends will be a zoo. I was actually surprised at the amout of sales/discounts that they had.

After Christmas sales are my favourite! Can't wait!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Started .. And almost finished my shopping today Empty Re: Started .. And almost finished my shopping today

Post by observer Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 pm

I've done quite well too. So unlike years ago when I was frantic 2 days before the big day. Of course, way back then I had a lot more people to buy for!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Started .. And almost finished my shopping today Empty Re: Started .. And almost finished my shopping today

Post by Rick Wisson Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:13 am

All done ,here.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:32 pm

We are waiting for two packages to be delivered by Thursday and then I will be finished.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by tippycanoe Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:51 am

Xmas isn't what it was when we were kids or had younger family members. Back years ago we were in anxious anticipation of the Christmas season because it meant presents, awesome food, far away family visiting and just plain fun. Now, we are older, old family has died off and the values we held high have disappeared. Nobody needs anything to be waiting all year for it to arrive, just another day. We love to go out to see so many beautiful lights and seasonal displays, great that some home owners still have the time and money to do it. As for us, that part of life is a wonderful memory.

tippycanoe

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Have some comprehension of what you're saying, tippy. 30 years ago our Christmas get togethers included 10-30 people. Even as a child, there were 4 children + parents and at least one aunt & uncle - some with - some without kids. This year, Christmas dinner at my house will be 5 or 6 of us! Seems hardly worthwhile pulling the turkey out of the freezer! LOL. But, I will.

Time goes by. Life changes. One just has to be happy to be alive to appreciate being alive to experience another one, I guess!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Life changes and so do traditions. That's just the way it is. In my case, it's the reverse. Far MORE to buy for now than when I was on my own, but I'm not complaining!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Yes - kishgo - I understand where you're coming from. The "hecticness" was half the fun - at least in retrospect!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by rbw Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Two grand kids to buy for...done..
Then a meal Christmas day at my son's house
and the kids will open their presents..That's it
for me...
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:54 pm

As we said, rbw - life changes. Not all the changes are what we would have wished for. Merry Christmas to you - and to all of us "oldsters" who are undergoing life changes that aren't necessarily what we were looking forward to.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by rbw Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 pm

observer wrote:As we said, rbw - life changes. Not all the changes are what we would have wished for. Merry Christmas to you - and to all of us "oldsters" who are undergoing life changes that aren't necessarily what we were looking forward to.

Thank you observer, and may you and yours have a wonderful
Christmas season......Merry Christmas to all..
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Yes life changes for better or worse. We are down to 7 or 8 for supper, but don't know if we could handle to 20+ we used to have. Still a bit away but Marry Christmas to all who read our forum and if you need to talk just post, we will listen
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down