Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

2 posters

Go down

Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for: Empty Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

Post by retired2 Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain.

There is potential for isolated thunderstorms to briefly become severe this evening. Torrential downpours and damaging winds are the main threats. An isolated tornado cannot be completely ruled out.

Fast moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle away. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Stay indoors when a thunderstorm strikes. There isn't a place outside that is safe during a thunderstorm.

Emergency Management Ontario recommends that you take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #ONStorm.

For more information:
http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca/english/beprepared/beprepared.html.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for: Empty Re: Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

Post by Rick Wisson Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:40 pm

I'm getting tired of cutting grass.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for: Empty Re: Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

Post by retired2 Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:07 pm

not me, but then I got a rider
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down