Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Big is Walmart?

3 posters

Go down

How Big is Walmart? Empty How Big is Walmart?

Post by retired2 Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:53 pm

I sure don't know if this is all correct, but is still a good read

How Big is Walmart?
boggle your  mind!

1.  At Wal-Mart, Americans  spend $36,000,000  every hour of every day.

2. This works  out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3..  Wal-Mart will sell more from January  1 to St.  Patrick's Day (March  17th) than  Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is  bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears  + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart  employs 1.6 million people and is the largest  private employer, and most can't speak  English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest  company in the history of the world.

7.  Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger &  Safeway combined, keep in mind they did this in  only 15 years.

8. During this same  period, 31 Supermarket chains sought  bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more  food than any other store in the  world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900  stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super  Centers ; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years  ago.

11. This year, 7.2 billion different  purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart  store. (Earth's population is approximately  6.5
billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans  live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

13.  The value of product for Wal-Mart passing  through the port of San Diego each year is a  larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross  National Product (GNP) .....and that is only ONE  port ...one way – that’s how Wal-Mart gets it's  stuff.

14. Of the 1.6 million employees,  only 1.2% make a living above the poverty  level.

15. Wal-Mart's head office is  located and centralized in Bentonville. Due to  this fact, there are more millionaires per  square mile there
than any place on  Earth.

16. The official U.S.. Government  position is that Wal-Mart's prices are no lower  than anyone else's when compared to a typical  families weekly purchases. That's the view of  the statisticians at the Bureau Of Labor  Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the  Consumer
Price Index (CPI).

17.  92% of  everything Wal-Mart sells, comes  from China  .  Another 4%  comes  from Chinese  owned companies in the U.S. or in  3rd world
Countries.

18. Wal-Mart and  MOST large companies, take out life insurance on  it's employees, without their knowing. If an  employee dies, ALL the
insurance moneys go to  the companies. I.e. An employee making $18,000  per year, dies, and the company might make as  much as $1 million. Most often these moneys,  coming from what is commonly referred to as  "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies", is paid  out to executives as bonuses. (A common  practice, unknown by the average  consumer).

19...  Wal-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of  $36 billion per year.

20. Let Wal-Mart  bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping  someplace else

If  we closed all the Wal-mart stores would China go  bankrupt?
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

How Big is Walmart? Empty Re: How Big is Walmart?

Post by Ruby Tuesday Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

I just recently studied the origin and rise of WalMart.  Absolutely amazing.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:12 pm

i've been in many wal-marts,and disagree with some of this info.
the first and biggest one is about the employees not capable of speaking english.
i have never met any-one who couldn't speak english well,and some(maybe 5%)did have accents,but still were easier to communicate with than the people working at some call centres i have phoned !
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I agree not all sounds correct
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down