Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decommissioning costs

4 posters

Go down

Decommissioning costs Empty Decommissioning costs

Post by Spidubic Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

COUNCIL CONSIDERING A BYLAW FOR DECOMMISSIONING COSTS

Decommissioning costs should have been thought of beforehand but I guess better late than never.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Decommissioning costs Empty Re: Decommissioning costs

Post by retired2 Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:22 pm

A very good point
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:53 am

in one way it is something that "may" be a good idea,but if it is put into place everytime a new system,involving anything questioned by anyone,even "competitors"council will be asked that a similar by-law be passed!
it will guarantee no new industrie's will locate in norfolk!
if american can had been told by council back in the 30's they would be responsible for the removal of the can,prior to it being built,and run for 50-60 years it would never have been built !
nanticoke would never been chosen for a power-plant,refinery,or steel mill,if hald. had written a law like that !
i realise they aren't asking for anything like that,but it may end up that someone like cronkwrightmight ask that no other trucking operation of 10 or more trucks be allowed to locate in norfolk unless they could guarantee they could return the land they were going to use could be returned to it's natural glory if they didn't supply a financial fund in the county's name for the cost of tearing it all down,ripping out the parking area's,and planting or growing tree's that can be semi-mature stock upon closing in the future!
so then cronk would be in controol of all the trucking in norfolk,and there would be no smith,or verspeeten,or whoever !
something to think about ?
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:34 am

What is the life expectancy of the wind turbines? 20 years? And what happens to them when they reach that age? Yearly checks to make sure they are okay? A refit of some sort? Replace? And would it be the whole tower or just the blades or turbine?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:29 pm

they say around 25 years is average,but up near fon-du-lac wisconsin,they say they are35 years old ?
i know they are at least 25 years old,but i'm not sure if they are older than that ?
i know kiekauffer(?) marine,the parent of mercury outboards own several of them,and part of the one factory runs on d/c power from them,and it has batteries as a backup for times the wind don't blow across that lake there.
they claim it saves them enough to pay for all of their R/D work, but thats what the people in the truckstops and other business''s say,so again i'm not sure of it ?
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by tom278 Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Sieman the blade maker gives a ten year warranty on the blades..

tom278

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 am

well that's like ford giving a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty,some will have the snot drove out of them and may never even go that long but other's that are maintained properly swill go triple the warranty period.
then there are the monday morning builds and the friday afternooners,
than wont make out of the lot at the factory ?
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down