Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

County abandons Misner Dam

2 posters

Go down

County abandons Misner Dam Empty County abandons Misner Dam

Post by Spidubic Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:54 am

County abandons Minser Dam.

The buck has been passed to MNR and higher government to figure out what to do with Misner Dam. $10 million is a lot of money to bring the dam up to the new standards. And by the sounds of it you will end up with a massive structure that takes up a lot more area. Downside of no dam is silting in of the harbor which will then require dredging on who knows what timeline. Yearly? Every couple of years? five years? That will add up in costs. But to $10 million? Really a tough call and not one I would want to have to make.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

County abandons Misner Dam Empty Re: County abandons Misner Dam

Post by growler Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:20 pm

well i don't blame council for letting it go.
they had a kick at the can,but theMNR kept moving the goal post's and the liberandp's in toronto helped them with the new reg.s
so i hope the province and the fed's force the MNR to fix it without having the dover channel silt in full like they did the one in burwell.
and anytime i see anyone in any position with the MNR they better be prepared as i'll be after the way they snuck the dam at the hatchery by with no one payinng attention !
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down