Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highway#3 rebuild

4 posters

Go down

Highway#3 rebuild Empty Highway#3 rebuild

Post by catscraps Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:12 pm

All I can say is I wish these people could live by this highway & listen to the sometimes earth shattering, window rattling & thumping noise when trucks go by! It's bad enough to wake the dead!

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2012/10/16/highway-3-rebuild-may-wait-until-2014

catscraps

Back to top Go down

Highway#3 rebuild Empty Re: Highway#3 rebuild

Post by growler Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:11 am

not really saying the highway doe'snt need rebuilding, but i/we found that the roadway in front of our previous home was noisey when heavy traffic went by ! but after almost 30 years we had 3 large maple trees removed from the property (in front near the edge of our property)and after the next winter the banging high noise conditions from traffic almost disappeared !
they claim the tree roots,even though the trees were well off the roadway,had grown under the ashphalt etc,and were making the road to become very slightly higher, (not visible to the normal appearance)and was causing the noises !
as i say after being their for many years ,as it was my parents property previously,that i later bought,and built a new home on,it had happened so gradually that even i had blamed the noise on the roadway and said they needed to rebuild it ! jmt
confused
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 am

I was just up that way and the road that is completed is terrific. However, just south of Picard Peanuts there is a section where you are forced onto the left hand shoulder of the road. With the heavy truck taffic, its become a sloppy mess. I was concerned that I was going to "float" right off the road! Went into Picards and made my purchases but took the next concession road south!
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:11 pm

well there gf with that just purchased rolls royce,i sorta figgered it would have a chauffer driving it ? confused
then there would be no need to worry about road conditions ! Highway#3 rebuild 2280282698
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by catscraps Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:32 pm

I doubt it's trees doing it as it's that way for a long stretch! You can hear the rigs way before they get here & quite a ways once they are past...I'm not the only one who hears the thumping as others have complained also! Sometimes it's so loud it wakes you out of a dead sleep!
Sad

catscraps

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am

i understand what you are saying,i was just saying that was a cause of the noise near our former home.
and even my neighbors noticed the roadway seemed to be quieter afterwards.
and #3 gets more than it's share of traffic.
years ago,(late 60's) the plan was to improve rd.#45 ,all the way from the west end,to nanticoke,but only got improved to #59 hiway.the region when formed did assume the 9th conc. of norfolk twp to the old townline,but never put a bridge across big creek,or went from the reforestry farm road on through walsh to #24 or connected it to the st,johns road.
if they had then #3 wouldn't have to carry all ofthe heavy truck traffic from the industrial basin (nanticoke) through to the west(windsor/detroit).
it was completed somewhat through to #3 west of st.thomas and is hooked up to #3 at that point,and wouldn't require much to hook it up to the 401, butthey thought more about saving for the short term,and to hell with the future generations !

sorry to go so far off topic ! Highway#3 rebuild 1200308762
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:40 am

I live 2 concessions south of #3 and I can hear the noise on my front porch if outside late at night. That said, I am sure that it is loud.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by catscraps Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Highway#3 rebuild 21574504 Ruby Tuesday!

catscraps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down