Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parking Wars

5 posters

Go down

Parking Wars Empty Parking Wars

Post by tito fuentes Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Did our esteemed mayor really say that our by law enforcement officers should not have issued illegal parking violation tickets without his and council's consent? Does that make sense? Is he saying that the law of the land should only be enforced when he deems it is necessary? Go ahead , run that red light it's fair time! I always thought that the law was to be respected ALL the time to help ensure public safety. I would like to hear his reaction if, heaven forbid, there was a need for EMS/fire vehicles to access the area and their route was congested with illegally parked vehicles! For the reaction to this situation some one should be embarrassed.

tito fuentes

Back to top Go down

Parking Wars Empty Re: Parking Wars

Post by growler Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 pm

i think he,like most others, seen the decline in attendance, and not just in visitors but in vendors and cars at the car show and realized that a visitor that did come probably will not come back after seing the local constabulary(the opp) ticketing so aggresively !
like who can afford a $50. ticket on top of a few other purchases ?
and one van similar to ours with the handicapped permit visible was ticketed on norfolk street near the area blocked off by construction barrels !
and when asked why he said well it was 10' from the barrels, and when told it was a rear load van and required that much space so the handicapped individual can get out, he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away !
good call.
RIGHT ?
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:24 pm

I think that his statement wasn't the best thought out reply. I went to friendship festival to look at the crafts in the park - do that every year. Never once had the urge or the need to park where I wasn't supposed to. As a matter of fact, the street I parked on only allowed parking on one side. I had to turn around in order to park in compliance - and had no problems doing that.

If I were to go to Brantford, Hamilton, London, etc to any festival - and parked illegally - would I have any right to complain that I got a ticket? NO! The only person I should be mad at is myself for making the decision to go against the no parking signs and get a ticket.

I on't even see hy this conversation is on the table itch the mayor, and quite frankly, I am disappointed that he's talking that way.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Besides, next thing you know Simcoe will be another Long Point. Tourists breaking all the rules and no penalties for it. Then the locals near the park will be outraged .... Doh!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:36 pm

RTl...I agree. I doubt if there's insufficient parking but the parking could be a distance away from the favoured quickest route and so , some choose to illegally park. Do the crime, pay the fine.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Jakub Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Just more evidence that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Obviously the Mayor and the Council didn't see the need for more parking until people started getting parking tickets. After some chose to take things into their own hands and ignore the laws, then get ticketed maybe things will get changed. It certainly seems that there is real benefits to breaking laws rather than abiding by them.

Joe Jakub

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Ruby Tuesday wrote:Besides, next thing you know Simcoe will be another Long Point. Tourists breaking all the rules and no penalties for it. Then the locals near the park will be outraged .... Doh!

well there rt didn't you hear the latest comment from a cottager on long point ?
i really thought it was cute the way they told it kids could get their sex education by just walking down the beach with all of the "fornicating" they claimed was happening !
and not only that anyone not "fornicateing" was likely a "child molester" out watching for kids to kidnap and teach a different type of perversion,(and not a catholic in the crowd) and then all the "excrement" they were passing you would just think it was a public washroom,or that you were at pottahawk without an opp in sight !
OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL !
(tic) Parking Wars 507444135
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 am

Darned tourists.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:24 am

LOL
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:26 am

well everyone say's no other city,or town,or place forgives parking transgressions for outdoor events but i think they should think a bit more before they speak !
i know in detroit they won't give out a parkingticket on one august weekend unless you are blocking a hydrant,o a driveway,or if an emergency vehicle can't get through !
thats when several hundred thousand attend the woodward dream cruise !
it is about 20 or 30 miles long all along woodward avenue.
and if you go and park in a legal spot take money to pay for you bus ride to woodward ave,as you will be several miles away from where you parked!
people from all over the world go to watch it, and as long as you don't cause a safety hazard you won't be ticketed !
but they are in bad shape financialy and want the tourist and the money they bring with them !
but norfolk is so wealthy just give em a ticket !
lol! Parking Wars 1200308762
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Gee, I've been to the Woodward Dream cruise many times and saw lots of tickets being given to anyone parked illegally. Also saw huge number of officers 'talking' to the audiences lined up along the street. Talking equates to smelling the breath of the audience member. Now, really, WHO would add rye to their coke can?????? TIC!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Not me, because I would add rum. Wink
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:59 pm

cheers
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am

i've been to it as well,and did see cars being given tickets for being parked wrong !
but everyone that i seen with a ticket on it was near a hydrant,near or blocking a driveway, jutting out into a traffic lane(not enough space in the lane for firetrucks or ambulances), and i seen them checking coolers and drinks'(gingerale coloured drinks in cans and glasses,and clear containers with watery looking stuff) but some of them that were being checked were not even near their cars so i don't think they would give them a parking ticket !
but if they were at the end of an area that had barrels placed to allow pedestrians walk on the roadway they did'nt bother them !
and in some private parking lots that were posted no parking except employees, i seen out of state licence plated cars without parking tickets on them,where on a normal weekend they would have them towed !
confused
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down