Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

String trimmer of choice

2 posters

Go down

String trimmer of choice Empty String trimmer of choice

Post by Spidubic Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Since the garage sale trimmer appears to be a bust I am now looking at getting a new one. I have had cordless and do not care for the lack of power and life of the batteries. Don't want to be tied down with a cord either which leaves gas powered. Have heard good things about Sthil, and Craftsman and of course Honda. Would love a Honda but the base model is $400. Going to Norfolk Tractor tomorrow to look at Sthil.

Ay thoughts or preferences?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

String trimmer of choice Empty Re: String trimmer of choice

Post by Joe Jakub Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I have a "Weed Eater" brand in my shed that I used a little last year but haven't started it at all this year... I could try it out tomorrow to make sure it is working and if so would be willing to sell it for $20

Joe Jakub

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks for the offer but we are leaning towards new at the moment. I have taken Sthil off the list. Found a review site where there are customer reviews on Sthil from 2007 to present and it is a crazy read. In 2007 Sthil was the darling that everyone loved. 2009 a few reviewers were seeing some issues. 2010 more than half were saying avoid Sthil, that the quality was no longer there. 2011 it was all bad. Capital letters saying Sthil no longer had a good reputation. That cheap crap had replaced a quality brand. It was a very interesting read as you could see the quality slipping.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Well, ended up going with a different brand. Echo. Started reading about them last night and there was no bad reviews. Everyone loved them. And as it turns out Walpole Lawn & GRden here in Simcoe is a dealer. Went in this morning looking around. Woman was very very knowledgeable. Asked me what I had right now, what size yard, time it takes to cut. Narrowed it down to the model I had been looking at. We went over he details in it, she had me try a couple of others as well for comparison. Ended up buying on the spot. She took it to the back where the mechanic went over it and made sure it was all set up and running. Then I went back and he had me go over it and walked through cold and hot start procedures then had me start it. I must say I am very impressed with the customer service. Five star.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum