Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toronto Maple Leafs

5 posters

Go down

Toronto Maple Leafs Empty Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Spidubic Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Will they ever win another cup? Serious thoughts on this no joking around. Curious as to what people think. Did Harod Ballard really curse them? Is there any winning mentality on the team? What s it going to take?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Toronto Maple Leafs Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Rick Wisson Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 am

If the original 6 teams were only playing. Sure
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:15 pm

as long as the arena is sold out for tickets,even though there are some empty seats,they have no reason to have an improved team.
a good friend has had his name on the waiting list for 4 seasons seats since the mid 70s and is still waiting.
he has a box in buffalo,he got the first year he asked for it.(1993)
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 pm

So the Leafs are simply a money making prospect that as long as seats are sold out will never go further? Of course going further requires more money which cuts into profit. So in other words for the Leafs to get into the playoffs they need to have the fans stop coming so they lose money and thus have a reason to spend money.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:27 pm

eggsactivleee!
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Does make sense especially when you consider the owners really hold no stake in the team being good beyond making money. So what Toronto really needs is an owner who wants to win. Isn't Rogers looking to buy the Leafs? Or is that something else?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

a consortium of bell and rodgers now own the leafs,the blue jays,raptors,and the football team(?)
real competitors,right ?
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by tito fuentes Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm

No joking about the Leafs Spid? It's hard to type with my hands tied but I would like to offer my theory on the Leafs with regards to the Stanley Cup. Some people say that they have suffered a Stanley Cup drought since 1967, but I suggest this is wrong. The NHL that existed in 1967 is no more. The salary cap NHL was introduced in 2005. Prior to this the Leafs and every other team could spend as much as they wanted on a roster. Theoretically after 2005 when each of the teams had a salary limit, they should have had fairly equal talent. Each team should have had $??? million talent for the 2005 season, and each subsequent season, and given the reverse amateur draft order, if there are 30 teams ,each team should win the Cup some time in the next 30 years. So yes Spid the Leafs will win another Cup. Law of Averages.

tito fuentes

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:16 am

drunken scratch Toronto Maple Leafs 2280282698

i think you are right tito,but when it happens you will have to come and plant a dandelion above me so i know about it, cause i'll not likely live to see it,as i'm already 63 and i doubt i''ll live to be 110.
Toronto Maple Leafs 580207494 Toronto Maple Leafs 580207494 lol! lol!
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am

I wonder if other cities teams that have not won a cup in years or never are the butt of the same jokes as the Leafs or if they are just special?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:14 am

Sale of the MLSE has now been approved by the NHL Board of Governors. BCE-Rogers now own 79.5% of the Leafs. Here is hoping they push to make the Leafs a respectable team. I do wonder if they will when you look at how bad the Raptors are and even the Blue Jays don't do all that well.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398779
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tito fuentes Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey Spids, just wunderin'' with the salary cap and all,what difference does it make who owns the team? I think you are a Leaf fan...same here...always have been,always will! I can't see any way around improving than to bottom out a number of years, draft wisely, and when the time comes, sign a couple of key free agents. Most of all, be lucky and injury free.SIDE STORY ALERT: Saw Dave Andreychuck in a restaurant...couldn't help myself...asked him if Kerry Frasier had called a fiver on Gretz for high sticking Dougie in "93?would the Buds have won it all? he just groaned and smiled painfully and said " I can't even go there"... Good thing for the Habs that Frasier was a wimp!!!!

tito fuentes

Back to top Go down

Post by tito fuentes Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Worth noting for those keeping score... Leaf post 11 responses... Habs post 1! Just sayin'.

tito fuentes

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Actually I am an oddity. A Leafs and Canadiens fan. Had a Toronto backpack in school one year, a Montreal backpack another. I use to sit on the floor watching HNIC and play the games out with my hockey cards. Ken Dryden is my favorite goalie , loved Guy Lafleur and Larry Robinson. 'Clear the track, here comes Shack!'. Darryl Sittler, Salming, Mike Palmateer.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mario Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Remember those old hockey games where you made these little metal hockey players ( later plastic and more 3D - looking ones ) go up and down the rink and shoot the puck by pulling and pushing wires that were connected to the players? They were a hoot!

mario
Man of Intrigue

Back to top Go down

Post by tito fuentes Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Hey Mario , they WERE cool . I had one but couldn't fit under the salary cap... had to use a plastic army man in net and a Gumby at centre.

tito fuentes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down