Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underpass options

3 posters

Go down

Underpass options Empty Underpass options

Post by Spidubic Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:32 am

Looks like Council is going to try and figure out what to do with the underpass once again.

Underpass options up for debate

Take the cheap way out and fix the sidewalks or take the expensive way and raise the road in the hopes the land is developed and tax money from said land repays the cost of the expensive fix?
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Underpass options Empty Re: Underpass options

Post by kishgo Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 pm

I read this with great interest and reflection as Burlington is going the overpass route on a nearby road. Maybe it's just me, but if you do it the cheaper way, in a few years it's repair time before you know it. If you go the expensive route, repairs are put off for a few years more. However, given inflation etc and other cost factors, is anyone ever really ahead? It seems to me it's pay now or pay later but we will pay.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 pm

We drove past where they were working last week and wondered if they were doing an overpass.

I can only see one side of 24 having any land by the underpass that could profit from a raising of the road. The other side already has Burtol's and Freeman Tire.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 am

you are right about freemans and burtol's but there has been another tract come available,where superior propane is at.
if it was made easier to get to, it might be a good retail area.
russ freeman bought the spot between the tire shop and superior, also the former rail line right-of-way, plus the body shop across the street from their business.
i don't know if he combined all of the deeds when he sold the company to his sons or not,but knowing him it's not likely.
so if there was a good way of getting in to it there would be a very good area for retal development.
and i'm not sure who controls the land on the east side but it used to be tom stackhouse.
he owned pretty much all of it between first ave to the tracks (north of first ave),and the person who controls that likely bought the railway rightt of way to so that would be a good parcel to.
the count/town could collect a lot more taxes out of that land if developed.
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down