Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one.

5 posters

Go down

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Empty Barbecue, looking to buy a new one.

Post by Spidubic Sat May 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Now is one of those times I miss the old forum and all the info that was lost.

A couple of years ago I started a thread asking about BBQs. We ended up buying a Charbroil infrared BBQ. It cooks great. The big downside is it needs to be torn apart and cleaned after every single use. I have not done this and as such the tiny holes clog and without constant oiling with vegetable oil the grills are rusting rather badly even though they are stainless steel. Love the cooking part but hating the maintenance. So am thinking about getting another BBQ but undecided. Weber looks awesome but even the basic models are quite pricy. I know you get what you pay for but whew! Canadian Tire has a Masterchef BBQ on sale that the reviewers give good marks to as well as a Cuisinart that gets good reviews. Anyone have either make of BBQ? Any thoughts on other models?

Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Empty Re: Barbecue, looking to buy a new one.

Post by kishgo Sat May 19, 2012 9:07 pm

We have had a Broil King for ten years and a Weber for two. The Weber out performs BK by far for cooking, maitenance and apperarance. The BK lid is beginning to peel and the other parts looked faded. The BK started to look bad after a couple of years but still gets the job done. In the end, that's all I care about. My SIL has a great looking stainless bbq but it sure doesnt' cook evenly or well. One temp...hot!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Empty Re: Barbecue, looking to buy a new one.

Post by Slowfood Sat May 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Ours is a Beaumark (Hudson's Bay brand). It was a wedding gift and is in it's 8th year.Cast iron grids and burners ,stainless steel exterior.Natural Gas.Still works well, but will need parts soon (burners), so will be getting new next year.
Do not need a large one or a fancy one,I'm not a gourmet barbequer.
Slowfood
Slowfood

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 pm

From research Weber is the one to get. Unfortunately the model I like is $750. Lower model has the controls on the side shelf making it useless. It is still $500. Broil King is next, looks like they start at $399 or so.

Still researching........
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sun May 20, 2012 10:14 am

Ours is from Costco, all stainless steel, not sure of make but but we really like it. Had a BK before with cast iron grills which are suppose to be great but took a lot of work to keep them from rusting.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun May 20, 2012 11:22 am

My DIL just told me their bbq is a Ducane and the WORST they have ever had. It's four years old and they are ready to junk it.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Sun May 20, 2012 1:05 pm

From what I have gathered cast iron grills that are porcelain coated are best. And if you want a grill that works awesome be last forever then Weber is the only way to go. Think we may just carry on with what we have for now and watch for any good deals on a Weber.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun May 20, 2012 6:01 pm

We have a Napolean and really like it. you cannot beat the warranty either - it's really good. We have had it for about 7 yrs now, so I can't remember what we paid. You don't get the flare ups like you do with the cheaper brands - due to their high heat when turned on - so it cooks like dream.

We have a rotisserie and if you like to cook at all I would recommend that. We typically use it every weekend for a chicken or roast and it makes cooking them very predictable, not to mention so evenly cooked.

One thing I will never buy again that we had on a previous BBQ is a side burner. Never used it - it just looked dirty all the time.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon May 21, 2012 10:13 am

A couple of more suggestions

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Bar-b-10
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon May 21, 2012 10:14 am

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Bar-b-11
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Bar-b-12
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Bar-b-13
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 am

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Bar-b-14
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon May 21, 2012 10:17 am

Barbecue, looking to buy a new one. Bar-b-15
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Mon May 21, 2012 11:09 am

LOL Leave it to retired!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down