Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coyotes

3 posters

Go down

Coyotes          Empty Coyotes

Post by retired2 Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:58 am

According to the Reformer today the Coyotes have more rights then our pets and livestock. One hint was to not let pets run loose but to keep them on a leashe. Right, that way the coyotes can catch them easier. Don't feed the birds either.How do idiots like that get in a position of authority?
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Coyotes          Empty Re: Coyotes

Post by X-ray Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:41 pm

I am going to go out a limb here and say Coyotes are a good thing. They eat rabbits, help control deer, mice. As a fruit farmer I do not allow the shooting of coyotes on any of our farms. I see them just about everyday or hear them. The deer do a lot damage to our trees and we can only shoot them two weeks out of the year. Yet they can have there young on the farm and they are there all summer and eat the trees cause thousand of dollars of damage plus we spend thousands of dollars a year with different treatments to get rid of them and once fall come they are gone so it is hard to get them. Everybody say they like deer and get mad at people that shoot them yet a coyote kills a pet once and while and everybody wants them dead! The MNR came through about 10 or 12 years ago and dropped poison and killed the coyotes, foxes and that is when the rabbit and deer number went sky high, then the coyotes came back and there was lots of food so that is when there numbers went up.

X-ray

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:07 pm

OK thats another view point and a good one. Never though of it that way. I was looking at it the suburban point of view not the rural. Thanks X-ray
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:37 pm

It seems that most times that man decides he knows better than nature, big problems erupt for someone or something.

Yet, is there a natural predator - in this area, anyway - for coyotes?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum