Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to die

2 posters

Go down

Where to die Empty Where to die

Post by observer Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Palliative care - a report in Ontario - that suggests that it would be a lot cheaper to move dying people from hospital to a palliative care home. The problem is - there are very few of those homes.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Where to die Empty Re: Where to die

Post by gale force Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:04 am

I've been with family members who in their closing days were moved into hospice care. The care and thought for comfort for both the patient and their families is amazing. The size and furnishings of the rooms is something totally unthought of in Canada. Compared to palliative care rooms in our hospitals - there is no comparison. Costs??? I have no idea.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm

There are a few hospices in the area I believe. One in Woodstock, I know. But - I think the fact that they do offer space to each individual (and family) means that there's not room for a lot of people at one time.

The report last night suggested that if the "patient" wanted a rye and coke at 2 a.m. - they got a rye and coke. Totally a non-medical setting! Sounds appealing - if there's anything appealing about dying! LOL
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum