Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIKE RUSH HOUR IN SIMCOE

2 posters

Go down

LIKE RUSH HOUR IN SIMCOE Empty LIKE RUSH HOUR IN SIMCOE

Post by retired2 Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:32 pm

LIKE RUSH HOUR IN SIMCOE

If this doesn't beat all!

You have to watch this several times. Pay especial attention to the pedestrians on the right hand side moving from 1 to 5 o'clock positions and then the ones near the top moving from 2 to 10 o'clock positions. In the US we would have 120 dead pedestrians and 500 car accidents in this mayhem!!!

No overdone security

No safety first doctrine

No rules

...and the result is: Efficiency!!!

Really a surprise???

Major Intersection, No Traffic Lights

This is what a major intersection with no traffic lights looks like. How they are able to avoid accidents is quite remarkable.
In this time lapse video we see the intersection at Meskel Square, the nerve center of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. While the square is a primary site for the city's large festivals and celebrations, it is also a chaotic crossroad for thousands and thousands of vehicles daily.
This is organized confusion at its finest. Pedestrians, walk with care! LOOK AT THE PEDESTRIANS AT THE LOWER RIGHT OF THE PICTURE!!

My personal take??? It is often said that "seeing is believing"!! However, I still don't believe it!! This HAD to be sped up like 10-20 times normal speed. Makes for an interesting video though.

retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

LIKE RUSH HOUR IN SIMCOE Empty Re: LIKE RUSH HOUR IN SIMCOE

Post by observer Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 am

Pretty amazing! Reminds me of riding in a "cab" in Alexandria, Egypt. No real lanes - no stop lights or annoying things like that - and no bad tempers either. People just nose in - and are allowed to do so. Mind you, the pace was WAY slower than this. There WERE traffic jams - but for the numbers of vehicles, moved much more efficiently than it would have had here in Canada.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum