Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venison roast

2 posters

Go down

Venison roast Empty Venison roast

Post by observer Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:56 pm

I've offered to make one tomorrow for my grandson - who has a few as his "share" of a deer hunting expedition.

Any ideas of what to do with it? He doesn't like sauces and all that good stuff- so has to be relatively plain. Can I treat it like a beef roast?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Venison roast Empty Re: Venison roast

Post by observer Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Well . . . since I got no responses here - I'll tell you what I finally did - after looking for answers personally on FB and other Forums - searching the internet - and "calling a friend". LOL

Thoroughly spiced on all sides with spicy Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, celery seed, pepper and paprika. Then, browned on all sides in bacon grease - left from this morning's brunch! Into the oven with 3 slices of bacon on top, about a1/4 cup water - and floated a bay leaf or 2. Covered and roasted at 325 till meat thermometer said it was well done. It was tasty, tender, and not gamy tasting.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:41 pm

cheers cheers cheers
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Yes. That's what I thought! LOL Spent about as much time researching what to do - as the meat was in the oven!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum