Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenue Canada

3 posters

Go down

Revenue Canada Empty Revenue Canada

Post by observer Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Are you still feeling comfortable that "all your private information is strictly confidential?

I suspect a few people such as former PM Chretien and writer Margaret Atwood are not NEARLY as comfortable!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Revenue Canada Empty Re: Revenue Canada

Post by observer Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:39 pm

Detailed tax information about the private lives of hundreds of Canadians — many of them rich and famous — was sent to CBC News by Canada's tax agency in a major privacy breach.

The highly confidential details, including home addresses of taxpayers and the value of tax credits they were granted, are contained in a copy of a Canada Revenue Agency spreadsheet covering the years 2008 to 2013.

The 18 pages include information on donations made by such Canadian luminaries as author Margaret Atwood, former prime minister Jean Chrétien, grocery magnate Frank Sobey, cartoonist Lynn Johnston, pollster Allan Gregg, financier Stephen Bronfman, former CBC executive Richard Stursberg, Olympics chief Richard Pound and many others.

"Letting confidential figures slip that way, is very sloppy … I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose," Atwood told CBC on Tuesday.

From CBC News.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 am

If I worried about all this stufff I have no control over I would lose all my hair. I still have a few left
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 pm

True enough. There is nothing WE can do about it. But - I am glad that the people who can affect maybe little bits of change are looking into - and exposing - these deficiencies!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Absolute breach of privacy. I don't buy that they would give out information and not realize that they were doing something they shouldn't. That is BS.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down