Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impersonating a soldier at Remembrance Day

3 posters

Go down

Impersonating a soldier at Remembrance Day Empty Impersonating a soldier at Remembrance Day

Post by observer Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:11 pm

The guy who was there at the Ottawa Remembrance Day ceremonies has been charged now. Think he came to everyone's attention because he was interviewed on CBC. Lots of clues, I guess, that he wasn't a soldier as he claimed. For one thing, re; my son who was a soldier - he had a beard. Soldiers aren't allowed to have beards!!!

It's certainly a slap in the face of those who DID actually serve; some of whom died, and some of whom have permanent disabilities. But, should his actions be a prosecutable crime?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Impersonating a soldier at Remembrance Day Empty Re: Impersonating a soldier at Remembrance Day

Post by gale force Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:35 am

Yes, I believe so. We have gone on far to long letting these "small" infractions go. Possibly has something to do with that sense of entitlement we have been talking about. Whether it be a soldier that was impersonated or a police officer or a fireman; they are claiming to be something they are not, and this could have dire consequences.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Impersonating a soldier at Remembrance Day Empty Re: Impersonating a soldier at Remembrance Day

Post by Ruby Tuesday Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Not quite sure what they get out of doing that? Attention?
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum