Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergy Sufferers

5 posters

Go down

Allergy Sufferers Empty Allergy Sufferers

Post by kishgo Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:22 pm

Do you suffer from allergies, especially seasonal? I heard report today that said 2014 will be far worse than last year for those who react to pollens. Apparently, and I'm only stating what I heard, with all the moisture from snow and/or rain, the trees are absorbing much moisture and when the buds pop, they will emit tons of pollen.  One Dr suggested that sufferers start taking meds such a Clariton before the symptom occur.  He even said that showering is helpful as the minute pollens are on your clothing, in your hair and on your skin. Best to wash them off.
Hope this is helpful to some.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Allergy Sufferers Empty Re: Allergy Sufferers

Post by retired2 Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 am

Have you got the ragtop turned North yet?? Another few weeks and the ice should be gone from around the island
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 pm

The ragtop will stay in FL as long as hubby is alive and has a say in things. We hope with the temps being above zero for a week, the snow and ice will greatly disappear and hopefully by May 1st, we can return to our northern home. Then the work begins. Every day. Love this 'slack' life we have now!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:24 am

PS The convertible shown in the avatar is not mine/ours.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:32 pm

Seeing as Cambridge still had snow in places this weekend I can imagine it may be past May 1st before your island is snow and ice free. Bracebridge still has snow and the lakes are still iced over.
Spidubic
Spidubic
Admin

https://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:01 pm

We've been told that there is no ice on the lake but due to extremely high water levels, even the marina's docks are underwater, as they were last year. Our friends on the mainland, using binoculars, tell us our water pump house is under water, again this year. I suggested that we load our pontoon boat on the land, then have the marina guys launch it with us aboard. (I'm sure they had a few choice words behind my back!!) Apparently even the compound where our boat is stored has soggy ground. We are now aiming for a May 10th arrival, same as last year. Another interesting cottage season for sure!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Make it a safe drive home
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu May 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Thank you retired. Currenty in SWFL it is extremely humid and hot. Even our pool water is bathtub warm. But when we return north, we may still need our winter coats! One extreme to the other.
Pensacola FL had a terribly devastating rainstorm yesterday. Complete sections of highway missing. Homes and businesses ruined. They had more rain in one day than some states have in two years, or so said the news reporter.

And of course, Rob Ford was on the news and the late shows. He provides such fodder for the comedians!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu May 01, 2014 7:56 pm

The commentator consensus on Rob Ford seems to be that he may have put himself out of the running for mayor again, this time.

How many times can you be caught on tape bashing women and gays? - and claiming not to have an alcohol problem? - and claiming not to do hard drugs? - and claiming not to be involved with the TO drug culture? - only to have the sane old same old resurface yet again?

A man with problems - but he should NOT be subjecting the city of Toronto to being the laughing stock of the world!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri May 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Totally agree Observer. That being said, we were at a Blue Jays game in SWFL not long ago only to learn that we were surrounded by Ontarians, mostly lawyers from TO. They were disgusted by the Mayor's actions but said that he had a large following, mostly those not in business. They also stated that they would be surprised if he did not win the next election but that was before the 'latest' incident. Fingers crossed that RF gets the help he really needs and leaves the rest of the world uninford, I mean uniformed!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri May 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Media seems to think that this time will put him OUT. Sure hope so.
Tragic circumstance in anyone's life- but more tragic when it affects millions of people - as when you're the mayor of the city of Toronto
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat May 03, 2014 7:01 am

He definitely needs help, whether he's leading the city of Toronto or delivering newspapers. He has issues, albeit previous denial. Hopefully he gets "clean" over this next month in rehab. It's starting to be a bit much - when all of North America and more know about
Toronto's mayor and his issues.

I think he's going to have a hard time winning the mayoral race after this last publicity stunt.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Fri May 09, 2014 10:20 am

Clean in 30 days? A new record! LOL
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content