Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a way young couple's can keep warmer,or cooler!

3 posters

Go down

a way young couple's can keep warmer,or cooler! Empty a way young couple's can keep warmer,or cooler!

Post by growler Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

heating or cooling your home.

you could save about $50,000. in 20 years.

but will thhey listen to you,or think about things like this ?

heres a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85FgaFin2A

andyou can read about it here :http://beaconnews.ca/calgary/2013/11/geothermal-heating-aint-sexy-but-it-is-very-green/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=geothermal-heating-aint-sexy-but-it-is-very-green
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

a way young couple's can keep warmer,or cooler! Empty Re: a way young couple's can keep warmer,or cooler!

Post by retired2 Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:10 pm

My son has this system. Works well but I doubt the savings claimed after the installation price
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

a way young couple's can keep warmer,or cooler! Empty Re: a way young couple's can keep warmer,or cooler!

Post by growler Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:57 am

i think the savings will take time to be seen,sort of like a low interest bond,or savings account.
but as the story says your fuel costs will never go up (except your hydro bill for the circulation, which i will get to later),and you will void the overhead charges of union gas,or whoever.
and a rise in/on gas prices in the next 20 years WILL come !

and about the hydro bills.
if you installed dc motors in the system,and a good set of gel-cell battery's,along with a cheaper type (as they are getting cheaper,and they now have a type that can be painted on!) off solar cells to charge then to power the pumps.
then hydro costs could be a memory for your heating system !
and for your out door lighting and other things.
if you lived out of town/city,you could almost eliminate all of your utility bills,and i think it would become a major savings over the next 20 or more years.
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowfood Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:36 pm

These are Heat Pumps and run like a standard air conditioner in summer and then heat flow is reversed in winter.Summertime heat rejection to the ground, winter heat extraction from the ground.You have circ. pumps and a compressor. The compressor runs year round.
One thing I heard about these "Heat Pump" type systems from a contractor ,is that the cost of the eventual compressor replacement will basically wipe out any savings made.
Slowfood
Slowfood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down