Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fernlea Ivix

3 posters

Go down

Fernlea Ivix Empty Fernlea Ivix

Post by observer Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 pm

For 25 years Bernie Crawshaw of Delhi has been operating this non-profit book store on Hwy 3 near Courtland, to raise money for a community in Haiti. Normally, they send $30,000 and 100 French language books to 2 schools there. He says that sales are now slipping.

Crawshaw's feeling is that people are now reading e-books, and are no longer purchasing the written word on paper - so that they don't have to store it.

Opinions?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Fernlea Ivix Empty Re: Fernlea Ivix

Post by gale force Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:49 am

I'm a reader, have been since the days of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. While in public school, I read everything in the school library, and was then allowed in the teacher's library. I don't have an ereader but my sister-in-law does. Now that my age is getting up there I find it more difficult to hold a book without my hands cramping up after a certain number of hours (LOL). And yet, also with my eyes getting older, it is diffucult to spend all that time with the ereader......both hand and eyes get tired!
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Still read books. I read @ the gym, so a book is easier to hold on the elliptical!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum