Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorgeous day!

3 posters

Go down

Gorgeous day! Empty Gorgeous day!

Post by observer Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:29 pm

I swear if you just stood and watched, you could see the plants pushing up out of the flower beds!

If this isn't going to last - I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! It'll be such a come down if we return to winter - even the winter that never was!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Gorgeous day! Empty Re: Gorgeous day!

Post by kishgo Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:05 pm

I say this very quietly and softly...one more snow before April. We couldn't be so lucky to go straight through without one storm.
Shh...don't tell Mother Nature.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Today was even better than yesterday - no wind! I think everyone must have been enjoying the outdoors today - so little activity here!

And, I DID check - that we should be keeping this spring like weather at least until Monday!

Whoopee!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:36 pm

We attended the Sportsman Show in Toronto today. The fishing section has my husband, ummmm..hooked. I went along and enjoyed myself but not nearly as much as he did. I got to carry the goods while he shopped. Reversal of roles this time around!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:43 pm

While at the TO show, a fellow at one of the booths commented on the effect of this wonderful weather on the water around Bobcaygeon, where he lives. (Maybe it was Buckhorn, not much difference.) He said with the mild temps, the melting of the ice and all the rain they've had this past week, the lake level is up about a foot already. Yippee yippee yippee There's a chance we might make it to the cottage in March, even if just to put down the dock, get the water pump working and turning on the hydro. Plus moving out all the outdoor items currently stored in the great room. March! That would be record setting!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm

I can remember other March breaks when I went outside in my bare feet - but they haven't been that frequent. Plus, I think years ago, March break used to be the third week in March - not this early.

Am watching the crocuses bloom - more each day; plus shoots of several other perennials pushing through - daffs & tulips, of course + day lilies, columbines, even peonies.

Spring is SUCH a rejuvenating time - if IT IS SPRING!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by duckey Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Well it wasent that nice here today we had rain then freezing rain then ice pellets now snow but it is looking up for the next week
duckey
duckey

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Our spring weather should be making it out your way soon - I hope, for your sake!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Another one!

Soon, we'll expect this to last forever! Apparently, it's supposed to go on this way till at least next Wed. (I don't look any further than that in the forecast)
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum