Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you MOST looking forward to

+2
kishgo
observer
6 posters

Go down

What are you MOST looking forward to Empty What are you MOST looking forward to

Post by observer Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm

I enjoy gardening. I get immense pleasure - that I don't necessarily even understand - from seeing things emerge from the ground. I also love walking barefoot in the dirt; - another "what sense does that make?" pleasure - that I look forward to with spring!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

What are you MOST looking forward to Empty Re: What are you MOST looking forward to

Post by kishgo Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Well, I used to love gardening a lot. Others liked my work too, nominating my yard for a prize and asking if it could be on a garden tour. I declined. My yard was wonderful but so many others were fabulous! For many years, gardening was my first go to every spring.
When I moved to the city, to a much smaller yard, I began to rethink the amount of time I devoted to the yard. Now with a new husband and very different lifestyle, we landscaped the yard with low maintenance in mind. (Or so I though!) We already had an upper and lower deck. Off the lower deck was a steep hill that we changed to a flagstone patio, complete with a wall fountain. All around the house we planted perennials and shrubs. I never have been happy with the front garden. It's okay be requires much watering as it is on the top of a small hill and has two trees to compete for the moisture.
Fast forward ten years, my garden is still nice but now we have the cottage. Hopefully we'll be moving within the month. The gardens there are deplorable, so you guessed it, that will be much of my outdoor focus this summer. The area is quite rocky. Topsoil will have to be brought in bag by bag, keeping in mind that we have to transport everything by boat. I've some ideas but just don't have a def. plan.
So..spring...bring it on!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

What are you MOST looking forward to Empty Re: What are you MOST looking forward to

Post by observer Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Sounds as though this season might be spent on just bringing in the topsoil - if it has to come in bag by bag on the boat. And NEXT season, maybe you can plant stuff! LOL
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 pm

OK - but another thing I enjoy about spring happened today - I heard the birds chirping outside. As the season goes on, this "event" will have much less significance - but it's such a harbinger of the season, that it's a special joy right now!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:37 pm

I too have heard the singing birds as I've walked the dog. And the air smells better too.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:30 pm

The last few days, it feels like you don't have to LOOK FORWARD to spring any more - feels like it's here - full force!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Washing and waxing my car.
Opening the pool.
Reading on the deck.
Late afternoon glasses of wine on the deck while doing my nails.
Running outside.
BBQ get togethers.
Having the yard and flowerbeds come to life.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:54 pm

I can applaud all your anticipations except he washing and waxing of the car.

How do you that? LOL

P.S. - I really don't want to learn how!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuttin Bait Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 am

Winning Lotto MaxWhat are you MOST looking forward to 580207494
Cuttin Bait
Cuttin Bait

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:40 am

What are you MOST looking forward to 3955995682
i can't wait for all them purty yeller flowers to come up in the lawn !
they are jus so purteee !
and someone says they make gooood whine outof um !
but they do have purty white fethers on em l8ter.
boy they shoore make me happeee !
What are you MOST looking forward to 2726502055 What are you MOST looking forward to 507444135
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm going to see the "glass half full" side of this - and look forward to the yellow daffodils - rather than those "good for making wine" yellow ones that you're talking about growler.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 am

observer wrote:I can applaud all your anticipations except he washing and waxing of the car.

How do you that? LOL

P.S. - I really don't want to learn how!

I have always been the car washer. Now we have 3 vehicles though, and of course kids, plus I am older ... So, I do see the occasional receipt from hubby using the car wash! I always do my car by hand though and I like to keep it looking really good. Keeping a good coat of wax on it helps make it look less weathered too.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 am

My first hubby washed our car twice a week, regardless of weather and usually by hand. When our sons were old enough, (and espcially if they wanted to borrow the car), they kept up this tradition when we were on our own. Then came along hubby number two..not the slightest interest in having a clean car on the exterior so the job fell to me. And as Ruby mentioned, age is a factor too. Usually I just drop it off at the car dealership and they wash it for me. But yesterday I would have had to wait for a good hour there so instead took it through the car wash. It was okay, clean again but a hand wash job and chamois is much nicer.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Might actually start looking forward to some rain! LOL

So hot - & dry - that flower beds are probably in need soon!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:57 am

What are you MOST looking forward to 4195803818

yeah then purty yeller flowers need a bit of rain or irrigatinn to get growin 2 !

What are you MOST looking forward to 2073113219
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:25 pm

I don't allow yellow flowers in my lawn.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum