Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Official

+3
Rick Wisson
observer
kishgo
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

It's Official - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official

Post by retired2 Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:34 pm

If you hurry back to Canada you can help enjoy the -20 degree weather we have coming up this week.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Hurry? Not a chance in .... ummm...a deep snowdrift!!!
Even thought the place we rented turned out to be a dump compared to the online photos and description, it's all worth it for the sunshine and easy living!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Blast. Hockey is back on. One working tv in this rented house (out of FOUR!!). Guess I'd better find something to do for a few hours,
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm

You like to read, remember Very Happy
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Yup. On to another book.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm

cheers
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Today was the perfect day. Just the right amount of sunshine with a lovely breeze. We did some shopping and then had lunch on the patio in Fort Myers at Stillwater Grill. Riley love it too. We had an introduction to truffle fries. I almost had to arm wrestle Jim for the last one! LOL
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:25 pm

observer wrote:FINALLY found a getaway - Punta Cana in Dom Rep - place called Dreams. Anyone been there?

I have been to Dominican 11 times, and 7 times in Punta Cana. Personally, what kept me going back to Punta Cana is the beaches - they are AWESOME! We did not go this winter, but chose elsewhere. I have not been to Dreams, but would expect it to be good. The only issue that we've had with DR in general is the illness from the food. If it wasn't so bad I would keep going right now. I will be back though, because they will continue to improve to keep tourists coming. Punta Cana is highly populated with tourists, big time. If I recall, Drems is a hike from the airport - meaning over a half of an hour?
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Wow RT! Glad you love those beaches!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Info says Dreams is 20 mins. from airport.

As for food issues - this will be our 5th time, I think. The first time was Puerto Plata about 1982 or3 - and , yes - There were stomach issues that time - but nothing since. To be honest, I think the issue in Puerto Plata was the water - as in melting ice cubes!!! Beer and wine drinkers didn't have the problem!

As long as the sun is there - and the ocean waves are lapping - and it's reasonably clean - and the food is edible - IT'S ONLY A WEEK! What can possibly be wrong with a week in the sun!

Thanks for your input RT.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:28 pm

ob i can't recall the name of what it's called,but we used to get this pill(s) to take a week or two before going to a place that might have water or food issue's and it helps prevent troubles while away!
your md will know what it is if no one on here can remember!

BTW:my bride is going to fl.on or about feb.23 to mar.09 this winter/spring,and the group that are going (6 females?) have had two dropouts,(one for physical ailments,and another for catastrophic financial issue's) so she is now trying to find a couple girl's (damn it all!not even me,r2) to replace the drop-outs !(and i was a drop out!)
she has the cost worked out to about $325. to $425. per person,plus airfare,which will be between $450 and $800.per person,depending on which airport,airline, and day booked is chose!
the cost includes lodging for 6 in a gold crown resort,food,laundry,van rental,pools,hot tubs,etc.etc. in orlando/kissimmee area at one of our timesharess,and maybe a few nites out to dinner shows.
booze and shopping is about the only things not covered,and she claims being out in the sun and being warm is free,but i'll make no such promises !
so anyone over 21,or under 100 who is of able body,and your mind don't matter,should let me know about it, and i'll get you in contact with her ! and as she and most of the group are able to get senior discounts while there (over '55)you might even get a bargain while your away !(like that will ever happen??)

somthing to think about !!(for 2 weeks under a $1000.)
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2