Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Words to Live By

2 posters

Go down

Words to Live By Empty Words to Live By

Post by kishgo Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:07 pm

My hubby's paternal grandmother was well known and well loved. Everyone called her Honey. A couple of years ago, a family member learned of my keen interest in the family history and sent me Honey's cookbook from 1903-1967. It is a long and narrow leather bound (well, kind of falling apart now) almost legal looking notebook. Inside she wrote all her favourite recipes, starting with her new married name (she had been a widow for many years), address and this little sentiment. I know it's not original but beautiful.
It says: Smile awhile and while you smile, another smiles and soon there will be miles of smiles and life's worthwhile because you smile.
For Christmas, I had three pages with my hubby's favourite recipes, her Owen Sound home and two of her, one from the late 1800s and another about 1920, put into a beautiful frame. He loves it.
We have a houseful of such treasures, but not organized so I've decided that's my purpose in this family.
I still have five wedding dresses (one from 1874) to think about for the future....
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Words to Live By Empty Re: Words to Live By

Post by growler Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 am

GREAT LITTLE DITTY THERE KISH,EVEN GRUMPY OL'ME LIKES IT !
Smile tongue
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down