Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escape from winter

Go down

Escape from winter Empty Escape from winter

Post by observer Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:35 pm

Anyone planning to escape the winter which seems finally to have descended upon us?  Our 1 week jaunt to the south seemed to have happened when winter was still a "It may be coming" phenomenon! Seems it has come~
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Posts : 2367
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Delhi

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by Norton1 Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Nope! I don't understand why any Canadian would want to escape winter. Canadian winters are too much fun to miss, there are more opportunities here in winter. We have skiing, snowmobiling, skating, snowshoeing shoveling, Ice fishing, ice boating... All good for the heart health and wellness. You don't need a gym membership to stay fit in winter.

Norton1

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by observer Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:06 pm

OR - you could be near Melbourne Australia right now, where my daughter tells me it's 42C today (tomorrow for us). Sounds like about 112F to me. Who needs THAT?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Posts : 2367
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Delhi

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by Norton1 Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:44 pm

observer wrote:OR - you could be near Melbourne Australia right now, where my daughter tells me it's 42C today (tomorrow for us). Sounds like about 112F to me. Who needs THAT?

Actual 107.6°F those kind of temps are certainly not healthy, even the ocean and in ground pools would be too hot for swimming. There's no relief whatsoever. How does your daughter cope with that kind of heat and humidity.

Norton1

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by retired2 Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:55 pm

observer wrote:OR - you could be near Melbourne Australia right now, where my daughter tells me it's 42C today (tomorrow for us). Sounds like about 112F to me. Who needs THAT?

Are you not heading that way in the near future.???
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Posts : 5980
Join date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by retired2 Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Norton1 wrote:Nope! I don't understand why any Canadian would want to escape winter. Canadian winters are too much fun to miss, there are more opportunities here in winter. We have skiing, snowmobiling, skating, snowshoeing shoveling, Ice fishing, ice boating... All good for the heart health and wellness. You don't need a gym membership to stay fit in winter.  

And how many of these activities do you partake of on a regular bases Very Happy
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Posts : 5980
Join date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by Norton1 Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:51 pm

retired2 wrote:
Norton1 wrote:Nope! I don't understand why any Canadian would want to escape winter. Canadian winters are too much fun to miss, there are more opportunities here in winter. We have skiing, snowmobiling, skating, snowshoeing shoveling, Ice fishing, ice boating... All good for the heart health and wellness. You don't need a gym membership to stay fit in winter.  

And how many of these activities do you partake of on a regular bases Very Happy

This winter just shoveling, we could still cut the lawn up until Christmas.

Norton1

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by retired2 Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Escape from winter 12311210
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Posts : 5980
Join date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by retired2 Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Escape from winter 12189610
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Posts : 5980
Join date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by observer Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Retired - are supposed to be heading there in March - it SHOULD be cooler by then!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Posts : 2367
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Delhi

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by Norton1 Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:21 pm

observer wrote:Retired - are supposed to be heading there in March - it SHOULD be cooler by then!

Observer I guess you don't like the hot MUGGY weather. I don't blame you; I can't handle it, it's not healthy.

Norton1

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

Escape from winter Empty Re: Escape from winter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum